Remapped!

stamford

Pro Tuner
Car
MG ZS200
I put my car forward as a guinea pig to see what could be done and hopefully put to bed the debate on KV6 remaps. Well, after 11 dyno runs and numerous tweaking of the maps it ran 190bhp/165ft-lbs before the mods (with Janspeed cat-back, BMC CDA induction and a decat) the final reading was 199.4bhp with 175.4 ft-lbs torque. If it hadn't suffered so much heatsoak 200+ was definately there. Not bad for a Rover! An increase across the board.

Thanks to Reidy Remaps.

Always wary of computed flywheel or crank hp,

Can you remember what wheel hp it made and what standard it was corrected to?

Always wary of computed flywheel or crank hp,

Can you remember what wheel hp it made and what standard it was corrected to?

Especially if it was dyno'd by the same company that mapped it. RR figures can be altered so easily. Can't stress enough the importance of finding a good rolling/mapper for this kind of work, and getting the wheel hp as well as the calculated flywheel hp.

I've had 3 re-maps from Reidy Re-Maps, each one has been progressively better, along with the extra mods i have had done to the car (Rover 25 turbo diesel).

Matt is well established over on MG ROVER forum, within the diesel section over there.

I'm yet to have the pleasure of having a dyno run from him, but hearing from others who have, he results are spot on.

If anybody is looking for a re-map from Matt, i can thoroughly recommend him.

Cheers
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
i had my zs td remapped by reidy remaps and have been pleased with the torque it still puts up a grin after about a year of driving with it and have only lost about 2-3 mpg

i had my zs td remapped by reidy remaps and have been pleased with the torque it still puts up a grin after about a year of driving with it and have only lost about 2-3 mpg
You got SDi injectors etc fitted?

If so, i am sure you will be very happy for a very long time, i know i am!!

Especially if it was dyno'd by the same company that mapped it. RR figures can be altered so easily. Can't stress enough the importance of finding a good rolling/mapper for this kind of work, and getting the wheel hp as well as the calculated flywheel hp.

Most of the companies are not guilty of faking figures. However, one company mentioned on this forum (not mentioned in this thread) has got a history.

The accuracy of rolling road evaluation always is questionable. On the other hand when operating conditions aren't altered then the rolling road results will clearly indicate that a gain is being made when figures show accordingly.

In any case we should not be hooked on dyno figures as the real road conditions are different to a dyno run, where cars might perform better or worse than the dyno indicates.

The ultimate test for power/torque delivery remains to be the drag strip.

My car goes in for a remap and nistune board on monday,wont get it back till friday,have been told to expect quite a gain in bhp with the mods fitted,will add to this post next week when i know how it went!.

not bad gummy which remap company would you recommend, also would you reckon i would see a good performance increase on a 2.0 zetec engine ,i already have an induction kit and ashley competition exhaust system ?... cheers gummy

i recon if you seen around 12 youd be doing well mate - NAs dont get massive gains through remapping alone, but you should get a better spread of power and torque throughout the range, so alothough it may not seem much it should feel completly different.

if you find somewhere then look and see if they have before and after raphs, i know superchips used to for a lot of their maps

a remap will set you back around 200 for a generic map on a NA car depending on where you go. slightly more if you want a tweaked map to take into account the extras

there is a TC remap and dyno day next month at jfa. £230 for a remap and 2 dyno runs. Will someone post up a link to the thread?

not bad gummy which remap company would you recommend, also would you reckon i would see a good performance increase on a 2.0 zetec engine ,i already have an induction kit and ashley competition exhaust system ?... cheers gummy

Mine is being done at Abbey Motorsport,Surrey. It didnt get done cause the mistune board didnt come in,so have to wait for board,then it will be
done:bigsmile::bigsmile:.

You should see an increase,i think zetecs are quite tunable.

Mine is being done at Abbey Motorsport,Surrey.

Only the best eh Gummy. Tony, Mark and the rest of the guys at Abbey are Skyline Gods that hub mounted chassis dynometer they have is awesome. Nistune remap is on my list to be done also, should break the 400 power barrier easily and the power is everywhere across the board apparantly :amuse:

dyna_2.jpg

Yeah i looked around and only 2 places were raccomended that was abbey and nissan middlehurst,liverpool!which was to far!,just have to wait for board to come in at abbey then it will be done!,will let you know how it goes!.Hopefully not to long to wait!.

Look forward to your results, I'm positive mine needs some sort of tinckering to smooth it out as the Skyline ECUs are very good at adjusting themselves back to factory outputs when simple changes like exhaust and filters are fitted. Let us know how you get on.

I,ve been on you tube looking at nistune it seems to make quite a difference!,i will phone abbey at end of next week if i havent heard anything,i will deffinatly post the results etc on the forum,i cant wait to see what difference it will make,one remapper reccons i should gain about 50 bhp,which is some gain!.

hinew round here just reading ya thread ive got a 160 zt had it on t4 and its now up to 180 80 quid and 1hours work standard exhaust and air box although not for long anyone know of any bodykits still around mark,,,

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

hinew round here just reading ya thread ive got a 160 zt had it on t4 and its now up to 180 80 quid and 1hours work standard exhaust and air box although not for long anyone know of any bodykits still around mark,,,

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back