Possibly the smallest engine here!

micramikey

Wrench Pro
Car
Insane Micra
Hello folks!
Well i had to start somewhere...and i did that with my '95 micra!
An entire 998cc of squeally jap power :embarrest: Apart from the obvious lack of power, i like it's high revviness...but the urge for more oomph is always niggling away in my subconcious!
Loads of real good info here, looking forward to applying it to the noddy-mobile :D

Mikey

Hi Mikey and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to meet you. I drove a 1.0 Micra for a day and I must say it wasn't half bad. It struggled at 70 a bit but I felt really cheeky driving it. Get some No claims bonus and then you can start to trade up. I bet the Micra cost a fair bit to insure?

Borrowed one of these 998cc 1995 Micra's from the girlfriends mother a few years back when I was looking around used car garages for a new car after my K-Series powered rover blew up (shock horror).

I can only liken it to driving a go-cart.

Thanks for the warm welcomes people! :D

Yup, it's an oversized go-cart alright lol, i do have plans to move on too...i bought a 1.3 SR micra! :blink1: tis sorn at the mo, but has much more scope for improvement...if it had the same mods i've done to the 1.0, around 90-ish bhp is possible i've read!!Insurance aint so bad as i'm pushin 30...around £270 3rd party...i'm suspicious of the price i paid to add my girlfriends car to my insurance though, i paid £15, yeah, £15!Apparently that's her wee clio 3rd party too?!?I 'll check the policy when it arrives...

Last edited:
Holy smoke, it's been ages since i posted here...well my 998cc engine's in my friends garage...and a 1.3 lump with 1.6 throttle body, 1.6 injectors,
1.6 E.C.U. and an adjustable F.P.R. now makes the Micra go broom!! :D What a difference...especially as i'm still running the 1.0 gearbox and flywheel, lower ratio + more power = very happy mikey!!!Full credit goes to the man who did the swap for me, you know who you are...legend! :blink1:

Wow that is quite an upgrade, you no longer have the smallest engine on here. I'll copy this into the projects thread for you as well. Be sure to post us up some pics and welcome back. Glad to see you've been busy on the car.

Nice one, cheers lads!Well it was really quick, but i have had to remove the 1.6 stuff, straight through exhaust etc for the mot in April so it's not fully "pumped" just now...and i found a leaky driveshaft oil seal that needs doing so it's under the damn thing i'll be spending most of my time just now! :blink: how do the pic uploads work then?

ether load them onto photobucket and link the images here using the IMG code
or go advanced and under the smileys theres a quick upload option.

Ah-ha...here it is, with the old 998cc lump out, me with the 1.3-ness, and as she looks daily!;)

DSC00907.jpg

DSC00910.jpg

DSC00770.JPG

Cheers man :D Ah, it's a pity that's not camera glare on the edges...yup, they're kerbed beyond belief!!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back