opinions on these products

dannyjenks

Just been looking at some new amplifiers and subwoofers for my new car setup. I was just wondering what would be the best way to wire these two components, either 8 ohm or 2 ohm?

Also, Im thinking 2 amps and two subs, one for each sub, or will i get just as much power by running 2 of the below subs on one of them amps at 4 ohm?

What you guys think?

Products are below

http://www.bossaudio.com/main/574#

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/130/201/TS-W3001D4/index.html

or any other similar products that you may think are similar

replys very much appreciated, thanks danny

as the subs are recommended at 4 Ohm run them at that,
power will be split if you run both subs at 4 Ohms as well, but to be honest mate save your money,
ive had 2 12" subs running and when the setup goes back in im only putting one in. reason being there was next to no difference, until the volume was at ear bleeding levels which are not recommended, after i put the second one in.

Mate you will only need 1 amp for 2 of those subs. Because you would wire them up in dual voice coil mode an in parralel to each other. This setup would give a stable 2ohm. These speakers will handle anythin between an 8ohm and 2 ohm....

well i was thinking running at 4 ohms for quality but will there be a major difference between wiring at 4 ohms and 2 ohms. My last setup i had 2 subs and tbh it made a greater difference than when only one of them was working. Looking at what you said turbo, im guessing that running 1 amp with 2 subs would give around 800 rms to these subs? in 2 ohms?

Wouldnt i be better reaching the quoted figure by the subs of 1000w rms by getting a 2 ohm stable 2000w rms amp at all or would that setup be fine as it is?

well i was thinking running at 4 ohms for quality but will there be a major difference between wiring at 4 ohms and 2 ohms. My last setup i had 2 subs and tbh it made a greater difference than when only one of them was working. Looking at what you said turbo, im guessing that running 1 amp with 2 subs would give around 800 rms to these subs? in 2 ohms?

Wouldnt i be better reaching the quoted figure by the subs of 1000w rms by getting a 2 ohm stable 2000w rms amp at all or would that setup be fine as it is?

The sutep you posted would work fine. All you need to remember is in dual voice coil mode it's like chucking double the power at it. So if say you put 800rms through it dual voice coil it amounts to more power going through it. A 2ohm setup would provide better and deeper bass than a 4ohm setup. As long as you run it dual voice coil you'll be fine. I have 1 1100watt amp running 2 Audiobahn 12's and they thump.....:bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back