Newby

DENNIS POWELL

Car
caterham sv
Hi all this is my first post,i live in fareham hampshire,i have a caterham sv 1800 k series ,its had a fair amount of upgrades,throttle bodies,ported head big valves,highlift cams,forged pistons,new liners and big end sheels,emerald ecu upgraded front brakes,powerspeed exhaust.rolling road resulted in 202.5 bhp 158lbs of torque most of the work was done at dva power[ Dave Andrews]. goes and sounds brilliant regards Dennis

th029.gif
to the forum!
Ooooh! You've got everything I want for my engine! Your Caterham must be an hoot to drive! When I saved enough pennies I want to pay a visit to Dave Andrews too. Did you have the car mapped at Dave Walkers rolling road as well?

Hi Denniss and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us. You sound like a real car enthusiast to me.

How often do you get to take the caterham out? Is it just a bit of fair weather weekend fun?

Do you have any other plans for the car?

th029.gif
to the forum!
Ooooh! You've got everything I want for my engine! Your Caterham must be an hoot to drive! When I saved enough pennies I want to pay a visit to Dave Andrews too. Did you have the car mapped at Dave Walkers rolling road as well?
Hi Loz,i had to run it in for 500 miles before it went on the rolling road,there is a garage in portsmouth that has the right set up ,knowledge of emerald etc.It cost £4234.00 at dave andrews worth every penny,then £350 for rolling road.

Hi Denniss and a warm welcome to TorqueCars, good to have you with us. You sound like a real car enthusiast to me.

How often do you get to take the caterham out? Is it just a bit of fair weather weekend fun?

Do you have any other plans for the car?
Hi Wayne,it gets used quite regular ,three or four times a week we have a local sevens group about twenty or so cars [solent se7ens] goodwoods monthly breakfast club is very popular .we meet once a month last friday in the month ,we also raise money for the red and white appeal it for a new unit at southampton general hospital,its for teenagers with cancer.

Hi Wayne,it gets used quite regular ,three or four times a week we have a local sevens group about twenty or so cars [solent se7ens] goodwoods monthly breakfast club is very popular .we meet once a month last friday in the month ,we also raise money for the red and white appeal it for a new unit at southampton general hospital,its for teenagers with cancer.

Glad to hear that. So many of these just get shoved in a garage for most of their lives.

Welcome to the forum mate. Car must be pretty quick, be nice to see some pics if you get chance. I'm part of the power-to-weight fan club but I prefer things with a proper roof and a little bit less geeky :bigsmile:

Welcome to the forum mate. Car must be pretty quick, be nice to see some pics if you get chance. I'm part of the power-to-weight fan club but I prefer things with a proper roof and a little bit less geeky :bigsmile:

First time I've heard a Caterham referred to as geeky, I'd have thought something stuffed full of computers & gadgets would be more geeky! :lol:;)

It's hard to explain but I've always though there was something "nerdy" about them lol. I just can't consider them a "proper" cars and I don't know exactly why lol.

It was a very extensive upgrade,a ported head with big valves, and fast road cams new liners ,forged pistons new bottom end, emerald ecu ,then a session on a rolling road . the car is very torquey and reaches 0 to60 in 4.7 top end 135mph. so pretty exciting.

Nice stats, got any pics you can post up when you get to 10 posts?

The last Caterham I saw scraped it's exhaust on the ground on sharp right hand bends, it went like a rocket though.

Do you use racing slicks on the track?

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back