Newbie saying hello and help pls.

hulksmash83

Car
legacy gtb twin tur
hi guys, just bought myself a legacy gtb about a week an half ago love the car having problems with it already tho lol, the water pump went about 3 days after having it and water went everywhere and had to get aa out the temp went quite high, so got new water pump and fitted that and new thermostat and timing belt, since doing all this theres pressure build up and my expansion tank fills up when doing longish drives and the top raditor pipe is really hard but yet when i leave it idling till fans cut in its still easy to squash had a couple of tests on it and been told might be airlock or head gasket, any help would be great cheers guys

sounds like it could be airlocked, squeeze all the water pipes, you might be lucky and get rid of it this way, just remember to open your expansion tank to allow the excess air out.

most common way to see if the HG is away, take off the oil filler cap and look at the underside if there is a nice covering of mayo then be warned it could be on its way out, especially if its using water

ive checked the oil and theres no signs of any mayo looking stuff hopefully its just an airlock but apperntly there a pain to get out of subaru systems thanks for reply mate

Keep us posted with how it is going. Hope you get it sorted. DONT DRIVE IT WHEN IT IS REALLY HOT, wait for it to cool down.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back