Newbee seeking help.

willow

Car
HYUNDAI 2.7 COUPE
Willow from wakefield here. Hi all. Have hyundai coupe 2.7 and require help installing a ripspeed dvd. Thanks.

HI there willow and welcome to TorqueCars, I've copied your thread into our ICE section so You should get some replies to your question. Good to have you along.

welcome to torquecars mate.

what problems are you having ?
i thought the ripspeed one was single din and just slotted into the space or do you require a facia panel

welcome to torquecars mate.

what problems are you having ?
i thought the ripspeed one was single din and just slotted into the space or do you require a facia panel
Thanks for your reply. Ive got it fitted ok thanks. The problem I have is it is wired in via an iso cable but when I switch off the keys and switch on again everything is lost and I have to start again. Im not sure if I have to wire the power cable direct to the battery. Thanks for your help its apprecciated.

double check the live and switched wires. although the ISO is suupposed to be standard certian manufactures revese the 2 power wires.

you should see bullet connectors on the red -live and yellow - switched. remove these and swap them over so its
red - yellow and
yellow - red
that should sort you out mate. if theres no connectors by a terminal block and cut the wires and swap them over BUT double check the polarity and votages on these wires wth a multimeter

Hi again excuse my ignorance but what is unswitched live? Is it straight to the battery live terminal. Thanks again.

the live goes stright to the fuse box.
the switched goes through the ignition relay before the fusebox

in other words one should show 12v all the time and the other should show
0v with the igntion off and 12v when its on

You must think Im a right prat but what is the swiched. I dont know a thing about car electrics or audio electrics. Thanks again.

switched is the one that wont show any voltage on it until the ignigtion switch is turned on. ie there is a switch between the fusebox ( which is connected to the battery ) and the item being powered

think of your lights - you swtich them using the light switch.
the switched live is the same with the switch being the ignition key

Many thanks, at present it comes on when I swich on the ignition and off when the ignition is off. It just does not seem to keep things in the memory that is what makes me think it should have a live supply all the time. Im probably wrong though.
Thanks again.

ok very crude pic but hopefully it should give you the basic idea
the 2 numbers inicate the, bulbs in this case., number 1 will be on all the time number 2 will only be on when the switch is pressed.

in the case of the stereo number 1 would be pernament live - normally red and number 2 would be the switched live - normally yellow - with the switch being the ignition

you need any more help ill try and get some pics of the iso cables tomorrow or sunday

Many thanks, at present it comes on when I swich on the ignition and off when the ignition is off. It just does not seem to keep things in the memory that is what makes me think it should have a live supply all the time. Im probably wrong though.
Thanks again.

Right rip it out and look for the red and yellow wires - you should have connectors that you can swap over

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back