New ;)

JakeHafer

Car
Peugeot 106 1.1 XL
Hey, Im new to the site and joined mainly because i need advice LOL
I am starting to drive and have a peugeot 106 1.1 XL, I don't know wether to begin tuning it, or wether to save and get a better car, Any ideas??

Save up and buy a better car. That's the most economical thing to do and what most people on here will say. Unless you've got money to burn I wouldn't bother with the 106.

Agreed,

personally the thought of tuning a 1.1 anything wouldnt cross my mind. best and probably the main advice your going to get on here is to save your money while you build up 1 or mores no claim bonus then look at getting something bigger and better :)

as a new driver your insurance is going to be higher to start with, start adding modifications and its going to get higher and higher.

welcome to TC by the way lol :)

Hello and welcome. We all started somewhere but a lot of us spent to much money on a small engined car! Learn as much as you can and start making plans.

Haha yeah sounds good, might still go for some small simple things though, like improving handling or something :)

Alright mate, welcome to the forum! Instead of thinking engine, you could think of suspension instead. Make the car more fun to drive. Lower it, strut braces, anti-roll bars will all help. If you really want to mod the car further... look towards taking parts from the 106 GTi, possibly the engine as well!

However, I personally would save my money for the car you buy and mod that instead! The choice is yours mate. If you do decide on modding the Pug then we'll all be happy to help. If you don't want to mod the Pug then join in with the discussions we have on here and start learning now. You'll be suprised how long it can take to fully research ideas.

Yeah cheers prince, i think thats what im gonna do, just have some fun with it and make it more driveable :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back