New SEAT Ibiza FR owner

Metalogic

Car
2021 Seat Ibiza FR
Have recently acquired a (manual) 2021 SEAT Ibiza FR 1.0 TSI (110). Currently considering a Stage 1 ECU remap and some better tyres to replace the stock 215/45 R17 Nexen N'Blue HD Plus ones, probably Goodyear F1 Eagle Asymmetric 6s.

LOE7SKK.jpeg

h86kf9o.jpeg

Possibly thinking of also some exhaust/inlet/induction mods, though there don't seem to be so many available yet for the later Ibizas, compared to earlier model Ibizas or even compared to more recent cars with the same VAG 1.0 L TSI engine (e.g. VW UP). Hope this changes soon.

Looks lovely mate, nice red and the Fr adds a bit of style =)
Forge Motorsport do one for it I think mate, FOrge are expensive but top quality [imo] (https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/I..._Fabia_and_Audi_A1_12_TSi--product--1115.html).
Thanks Eddie. I actually just had a reply from Forge, after asking about compatibility of some of their intake and turbo inlet components with my model Ibiza and they said "the products you need for your vehicle are not launched as of yet but will be available later this month.", which sounds positive.

On a more negative note, though, it seems that my engine uses the Delphi GCM 7.4 ECU, rather than the Bosch ECU of the pre-2021 Ibiza model, and as far as I can tell no one (except VAG, obviously) seems to know how to read or write to it, so remapping it to even Stage 1 doesn't seem to be available currently, which would limit any performance benefits that I might get from the Forge components. Hopefully this will change at some point.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back