New international member

Alecci

Wrench Pro
Car
'99 Skyline R34 GTR
Just thougt I'd introduce myself a little...

I'm born and raised in Sweden, and I'll be 29 years old before long. I live in my own house with my girlfriend, a dog, a cat and a bunch of fishies.

I've had lots of previous jobs (I love the variation), and even though I'm an educated economics administrator I'm currently making a living as a truck driver.

I've owned my fair share of cars through the years. Presently I own a '95 Honda Accord Aerodeck iLS and a '82 VW Scirocco GTi MkII as everyday cars, but my real pride is my '99 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR.

Previous cars I've owned worth to mention would be one of only 149 manufactured '80 BMW Alpina B7 Turbo (E12 5-series) and a '95 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR.

As for car interest I'm fairly active on track & drag strip events, car shows and locally arranged streetraces. I've also got my own company that deals primarily with products signed GReddy/Trust, and I'm an authorized dealer of theirs.

I'm also an administrator on Sweden's biggest website for car enthusiasts and a moderator on the Swedish Skyline-board.

Since English is not my first language I fear you'll have to be somewhat indulgent towards my poor language skills. Don't act surprised if I may sound a bit retarded from time to time.

That's all for now, drive safe!

Welcome to TC, as for your English skills, I would never have guessed and you are better than most born and bred over here!

welcome_sign.gif
and have a good stay
nice selection of cars past and present
nod.gif
and as stamford says your english is spot on

Hello and welcome. It's telling isn't it that we can't teach our own natives to use their own language properly. Says so much for the education system in Britain.

Hello and welcome. It's telling isn't it that we can't teach our own natives to use their own language properly. Says so much for the education system in Britain.
only speaking for my self here but i didnt want to learn at school thats why my english and math skills are so bad and the teachers not having any power to make me learn i just coasted through school having a laugh mainly at there expense with little or no repercussions

That is one power that should have never been removed from teaching, the cane, the slipper or plimsole and the blackboard rubber! There is little or no respect at school these days! It kept you in-line no matter what!

Cheers for the warm welcome, guys. I'm confident I'll enjoy my stay here.

Regarding the native language skills of people, the vocabulary and grammatics of Swedish youths this day are depressing to say the least. One may very well wonder where the world is coming to, considering that more and more communication between individuals consists of texts in different forms, and no one seems to care for how they express themselves or how the text turns out for anyone interested enough to read.

God knows, however, that I'm not perfect myself, but I do tend to put a little back into it, and I like to think I'm making slow progress, last but not least when it comes to foreign languages.

Well then... Enough of that, this is after all a car forum, not an English class.

If there's any questions you'd like to ask, please don't hesitate to do so. I will answer them to my own discretion though, as one should probably not be too open about one's own person on the Internet.

On an ironic sidenote though... Here in Sweden we usually drive LHD cars, yet not only the GTR but also my Honda is a RHD. Both of imported from the good ol' UK.

Not much of an export is it! Both Japanese! At least we could have tried harder and exported an Austin Healey or an MG! ;) Guess we'll have to keep on trying eh!

Just thougt I'd introduce myself a little...

I'm born and raised in Sweden, and I'll be 29 years old before long. I live in my own house with my girlfriend, a dog, a cat and a bunch of fishies.

I've had lots of previous jobs (I love the variation), and even though I'm an educated economics administrator I'm currently making a living as a truck driver.

I've owned my fair share of cars through the years. Presently I own a '95 Honda Accord Aerodeck iLS and a '82 VW Scirocco GTi MkII as everyday cars, but my real pride is my '99 Nissan Skyline R34 GTR.

Previous cars I've owned worth to mention would be one of only 149 manufactured '80 BMW Alpina B7 Turbo (E12 5-series) and a '95 Nissan Skyline R33 GTR.

As for car interest I'm fairly active on track & drag strip events, car shows and locally arranged streetraces. I've also got my own company that deals primarily with products signed GReddy/Trust, and I'm an authorized dealer of theirs.

I'm also an administrator on Sweden's biggest website for car enthusiasts and a moderator on the Swedish Skyline-board.

Since English is not my first language I fear you'll have to be somewhat indulgent towards my poor language skills. Don't act surprised if I may sound a bit retarded from time to time.

That's all for now, drive safe!

welcome mate. let me know these things, is the skyline for real good as they say?
0-100km/h how many seconds?
top speed?
horsepower?
what's done to engine?

by the way, i'm another non english speaker, but i'm doing good, so don't worry, everyone's cool here. and I'm into old cars, retro/or so-called european muscle.
nice to have you along mate.

welcome mate. let me know these things, is the skyline for real good as they say?
0-100km/h how many seconds?
top speed?
horsepower?
what's done to engine?

by the way, i'm another non english speaker, but i'm doing good, so don't worry, everyone's cool here. and I'm into old cars, retro/or so-called european muscle.
nice to have you along mate.

Hi mate,

Your first question is a bit hard to answer. The Skyline GTR is so hyped these days that many people are disappointed by them even though they are in fact superb cars. I guess you could say that they really give you your money's worth to an extent greater than for many other cars that are two or three times as expensive to either buy or maintain.

A standard R34 GTR is supposed to make the 0-100 km/h (or 0-62 mph) run in about 4.9 seconds under optimal conditions. That's not bad for a car that weighs in at about 1,800 kg's (includng driver, fuel, fluids, etc).

My car's a little bit tuned, I think it should manage the same run in about 3.1-3.5 seconds under optimal conditions, and I'm not really sure you'd need to accelerate to those speeds on public roads any faster than that.

As for top speed, it's electronically limited to 180 km/h in standard condition. My car has the speed limiter removed, and I guess it could very well make 300 km/h, but I've not had the guts nor the opportunity to test that as of yet.

The R34 GTR runs a healthy 320 PS (280 PS on the paper because of Japanese regulations during its production run) standard. So far I've reached 387 PS at 0.6 bar, boost issues prevented us from going further when I had the car on the rolling road. I suspect we'll break the 600 PS mark rather easily once we get the boost sorted out.

I've added substantial amounts of upgraded parts to my engine in particular and the car in general. If you click here, the link will take you to a webpage where you can find pictures of my car as well as a spec list in English. Writing out the full spec here would just occupy space I'm afraid.

Consiering your preference of retro cars and "european muscle", I suspect my old Alpina would have had suited your taste quite well.

Once again, many thanks for your warm welcome!

Charger69:

I replied to your post but it seems my reply is awaiting approval from a moderator, probably because I included a link.

Once again, many thanks for your warm welcome!

Charger69:

I replied to your post but it seems my reply is awaiting approval from a moderator, probably because I included a link.

ok mate, thanks a lot. I'm just interested in checking out how's things there. i got so many videos from street racing in sweden, i like the way you do it there. but there's nowhere to see some coold old european cars, some that are worth.
probably because of the link.
thanks.

Alright mate, welcome to TorqueCars! I love the Skyline R34 GTR, it's my dream car! Yours is looking sweet bud! Good to see you're keeping things JDM!

Whereabouts in Sweden are you from then mate? I've got some family that live in Sweden...on the outskirts of Stockholm.

I live a few miles outside a city named Jonkoping which is situated at the southern end of Lake Vattern. It's southwest of Stockholm, which is some 350 km's away from here.

Where did you see pics of my car? I posted a few pics in another thread, and I included a link in that thread as well as this one, but both of them seem to be lined up for approval by a moderator.

I checked out the link mate, it's been approved now. All pics and links have to approved if you have less than 10 posts.

I see. Guess everyone can see the posts with the links/pics but me then. :toung:

This is my tenth post by the way.

The post should be showing for everyone. Can you see it now Alecci? You are a fully fledged member of TorqueCars now so nothing should get stuck in the moderation queue.

May I also warmly welcome you to TorqueCars, your english is fine and thanks for all the helpful posts you have made.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back