need help here guys!

wrench88

Car
opelcommodoregs2500
hi i m really needing your advise here on this on! I have a opel commodore gs 2500 1969 and i wish to do a major custom job on it i wish to remove the engine and replace it with a for mustangv8 engine with the gearbox of course. and i wish you could tell me how much it would cost just to put it all together considering i have all the parts ready for the job.
please reply soon
thank you

you touched me straight in the heart. it's what i always wanted to do.
my fav car, good engine.
well find friends who could help you, if i was there i would help you for free, bu in UK it'll be probably around 500 euros or more.

the annoying thing is i study in england but i live in france and the french haven t got the same idea as this country does for custom or modifications thanks though charger 69

i did go through a phase when i wanted to get a dodge charger r/t but i want one that's not running so i can fix her up myself

the annoying thing is i study in england but i live in france and the french haven t got the same idea as this country does for custom or modifications thanks though charger 69

i did go through a phase when i wanted to get a dodge charger r/t but i want one that's not running so i can fix her up myself

you're mixing the top3 german car, american engine and english way of tuning. muscles are expensive for us here, in europe, but you did the right way. so, is the body done with removing rust, and the new paint, what's done to engine? it's not that hard if they're ready, just bolding, and you'll need people to help you, as i said, find a friend who can help you. it's like, not neccessery to go to a mechanic.

Unless you have access to a shop where they have fabrication, welding and machining facilities then you might struggle. Have you thought about the brakes and suspension being up to the task? The old set-up might not be good enough for the V8. Old straight 6 being cast iron, what's the V8?

You'll be looking at:

Engine mounts.
Gearbox mounts
Possible sump fabrication to clear cross members
Possible firewall fabrication to clear?
Possible tunnel fabrication to clear?
Propshaft machining and balancing
Radiator fabrication
Headers
Cables (throttle, clutch etc)
Gearshift linkage and tunnel positions
Electrical loom
Fuel supply

Not wanting to damp your enthusiasm, but you should take most of this into account when dropping in a different powerplant. You really need a good capacity engine crane so as to make a dummy run with the engine and gearbox to see what has to be made or fettled to suit.

I went through most of this when I shoe-horned a Rover V8 into my Chevette and Bedford CF van.

Unless you have access to a shop where they have fabrication, welding and machining facilities then you might struggle. Have you thought about the brakes and suspension being up to the task? The old set-up might not be good enough for the V8. Old straight 6 being cast iron, what's the V8?

You'll be looking at:

Engine mounts.
Gearbox mounts
Possible sump fabrication to clear cross members
Possible firewall fabrication to clear?
Possible tunnel fabrication to clear?
Propshaft machining and balancing
Radiator fabrication
Headers
Cables (throttle, clutch etc)
Gearshift linkage and tunnel positions
Electrical loom
Fuel supply

Not wanting to damp your enthusiasm, but you should take most of this into account when dropping in a different powerplant. You really need a good capacity engine crane so as to make a dummy run with the engine and gearbox to see what has to be made or fettled to suit.

I went through most of this when I shoe-horned a Rover V8 into my Chevette and Bedford CF van.

exactly. the mustang V8 is heavyer and there are needede some extra mods, however some pictures of the body and engine would be nice to see.

Welcome to the site mate. If I'm honest, It would be a lot easier and probably more cost affective to just buy the Mustang. Are you able to do the work yourself?

Fair play to you. That sounds like an awesome project but its going to be tough of which you know i guess. As long as you have some time on your hands and your a bit of a dab hand with a welding torch you should be ok. You might want to see how well the chassis can cope with that. Thats a lot of torque running through that engine and it might rip the rear clean off your car if you try to race off the lights.lol. Good luck though. Would love to see the finished product.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back