nebie volvo t5 owner

pidster T5

Car
volvo 850 t5
just thought i would say hell just got my 850 t5 225 a couple of weeks ago and will start tuning it when i get back from holiday. first steps will be remap and air induction so anybody with advice let me know

Hi Pidster and welcome to TorqueCars. I hope you have deep pockets cos the tyres on those cost a fortune and it will just keep on eating them!

Dont forget the exhaust as well as induction - aim to match the airflow in and out of the engine.

my mate has a tyre yard so tyres wont be too expensive lol. had a quote of a remap place and they sed thell take it to 277 bhp for £325. what induction kit you got for your turbo?

I stuck with a panel air filter. I didn't want the induction noise. Really tempted to do the airbox mod we've been discussing on here though.

lol talkin about it always makes ya wanna buy stuff for the motor. did look at buyin manifold but like you sed need a deep wallet for volvos. bout £400 ouch may go down that road later. i only bought the car cus i needed a bigger car for baby stuff got the bug tho and wanna tune it.
it is an auto so when/if i go over 300bhp will need uprated gearbox cooler

welcome to the forum pidster,nice car.

first things to do:a remap,go for MTE,not cheap,but i think the best(cost me 600 euros)

an airbox,go for BMC,""",""",cost me 300 euros

a full exhaust system,go for ferrita 3" ss+catlyc converter/downpipe,
cost me 1500 euros.
if you done that you would have approx 290 bhp/420nm,so you'll be on your way,as they say.

after that still lots of potential/possibillities.

walter

cool will look up those parts the remap company is in birmingham uk so it is near to mine but the other parts i can order off the net.

not sure just wanna go for 300bhp b4 xmas then see from there what my wallet looks like lol wanna get it lowered after my remap and indution

Glad you have a ready source of tyres. With 300bhp you will certainly need it.

Dont overlook the benefits of weight reduction. Volvo panels/parts are notoriously heavy.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back