mitsubishi 6A13 Twin Turbo

benjamin cunanan

Car
mitsubishi mirage
Is it possible to damage a 6A13 Twin Turbo if i rev it up to 8k or 9k at idle speed? By the way, Hi! to everybody...thanks

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars, great to have you along.

If the engine is properly warm and you have the correct grade of oil you shouldn't do damage if you occasionally rev it up. Sustaining this for a while can cause overheating, particularly if you are stationary.

Hi revs usually helps identify weak spots in the engine though. So if there was a pre existing fault it might cause it to break.

What has happened then?

actually this engine was roar by my friend in an engine roar contest for about a minute or less and it stop suddenly. Afterwards we can no longer start it....hope you can bring light unto this.

Well, thanks for your attention.....

finally, the engine was opened and it seems the oil is not flowing properly coz the top is dry....it seems the oil pump was defective already which cause more damage.

Regards to all....

Ouch! Not good. No flowing oil = major problem. Expect the internals to be fried when you open it up. I fear you are looking at a costly rebuild. Which I'm sure your "friend" will help pay for;)

Its really a pain in the ash....anyway i'm just looking at the bright side...

Anyone who can provide me an electrical connections or diagrams for this engine? I will appreciate it very much. And it will be a great help. You ca email it on benjie_steph@yahoo.com Thank's to all......amigos

Depends on what state the engine is in and if it is standard internals and damage done,

I found it from an engine dealer, a direct importer of japanese engine. it was checked by my mechanic. I'll posted the pictures soon.
But i'm looking for a wiring diagram just to confirm its wiring to make sure everthing are in proper place.

Thank,s again bro...

they just fitted and run my engine and theres a white smoke coming out of the exhaust but not all the time, what does it indicates? the engine seems normal and in good condition. It was flushed with a flushing oil and then replace it.

It is most probably condensation. Has the replacement engine been stood for a while ? Did your old engine lose coolant and did it exit via the exhaust if the head gasket failed ? It may be this which is burning off in the exhaust.
As long as all the levels, oil/water remain constant and the engine is run up to temp properly, the fans cut in and the oil pressure is good, you'll probably be fine.
I guess it depends on the volume of smoke to are referring to as it's not too easy to tell on the net ;).
Good luck though.:)

yah probably bcoz the engine was stood for a while. Well, the volume of white smoke is not great and its not constant. Actually, when its running there is no smoke coming out....its clear.

Regards to all bro.

Most cars start off with a bit of white. If it carries on then you might have a head gasket water leak but your sounds ok to me.

Short runs seem to cause water to build up in the exhaust so it might just be this causing the steam.

I know this sounds a bit daft and too simple to miss but from what you have described, your mate pushed the engine up to the top of the rev range and the oil pump couldn't keep up and gave up the ghost. No oil in the top of the engine usually means dead oil pump. Blocked internals would the other thought. But as you have bought a new engine, no need to worry ;)