Limited Slip Diff?

It's the same LSD used on the VXR's as the gear box is the same, it's well worth doing since you now have 327lbft on tap which will easily light up the tyres on cue. Thats more than an M3 E90,and that has 255 rear tyres and an LSD to cope with it, so definately yes, you'll also find that the TC will intervine less often and it will be especially useful in the wet.
I'm considering one for the 306 :)

Yes, would be a great benefit but would be cheaper from Quaife by at least £150 :blink1: check out their website

Unfortunately, you forgot about the VAT:) Price is the same, but you will get more help and advice from Quaife.

The one I think you require is this one:

http://www.quaife.co.uk/shop/products/qdf25b-2

Which is £660, so slightly cheaper. According to the Quaife site, the QDF21B is for the V6 turbo.

Using a Quaife ATB in the Elan.

Last edited:
The ESP should take car of excess torque delivery. LSDs on FWD cars can make steering the the thing a real fight. Better to use your right foot for road purposes.

ESP?, HA....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

My car hasn't got ABS let alone ESP! Quafie diffs are supposed to be the best in the business for the FWD market because they don't tend to lock up harshly because they are more of a torque biasing diff rather than a locking one. Up to 95% of the torque can be sent to the outside wheel if nesseressy...

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back