Its pheasant splatting season!

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
Driving along the motorway today I had a Pheasant at the side of the road. He walked along the road, paused, looked at me coming straight toward the inside lane and then ran into the path of my car. I now have a cracked number plate despite trying to avoid the stupid bird.

They have wings - so why don't they fly. The Pheasant must rate as the most stupid bird around and judging by the number of pheasant corpses lining the roads they have a lemming like suicide complex!

Anyone else noticed the increase in kamikazee pheasants on our roads? Should the farmers be forced to pay for our number plates and bumpers? Should there be pheasant proof fencing at the sites of the road?

Driving along the motorway today I had a Pheasant at the side of the road. He walked along the road, paused, looked at me coming straight toward the inside lane and then ran into the path of my car. I now have a cracked number plate despite trying to avoid the stupid bird.

They have wings - so why don't they fly. The Pheasant must rate as the most stupid bird around and judging by the number of pheasant corpses lining the roads they have a lemming like suicide complex!

Anyone else noticed the increase in kamikazee pheasants on our roads? Should the farmers be forced to pay for our number plates and bumpers? Should there be pheasant proof fencing at the sites of the road?

Unlucky mate. Mm, maybe you should get some bullbars for that A3 of yours. Haha.

Good to see the forums back up :)

They're a pain in the arse. Funny how they remember to fly in early October when some idiot goes bashing the greenery with a big stick.

I had a phesant fly into the path of the SpaceCruiser. That was interesting. It literally splatted over the front and the remainder of it bounced up infront of the windsreen, looking like it was revolving in slow-mo in mid air. When I get to work I promptly gave the keys to the valeting dept.

lovely :)

dont know about phesants bt if you hit a sheep or cow you should be able to claim of the farmer (most are loaded anyway). The phesants can fly thou, unless the farmer/gamekeeper has clipped them in the same way as chickens but am not sure if this is done. living in the country we get them in drives at the sides of the roads.

your right though they must be the most stupid bird as they run stright into the path of the car

Likewise, we're in a rural patch as well. Bloody pheasants get halfway across the road. Then stop to consider whether it might be quicker to turn round and run in front of the car again as that verge might actually be three millimetres closer after all.