Is this a load of cobblers?

Please do take the time to read fully into any such product

It's absolutely crucial that you approach tuning boxes with no prejudice whatsoever.

Even more importantly, you must ask direct questions of the maker of any such box.

In that way you can be totally confident that your purchase will work perfectly.

The maker of any such tuning box will never threaten you with legal re-percussions. He will have no cause to do so because his products are, of course, perfect.

Nor will the maker of any such boxes have any cause to embarrass himself with claims of 'malicious falsehood' against you.

Sincerely,

Paul Anderson.

Last edited by a moderator:
You always get what you pay for when it comes to tuning boxes = BEWARE There are a lot of snakeoils out there.

First off there are elcheapo resistor boxes you get on ebay that fool the ecu about the intake air temp and cause it to overfuel.

Then you get others that act like a piggy back and control fuelling, throttle response etc which are a significant step up.

The next sort are piggy back devices that take over from the ECU controlling everything that the ECU does priming the engine for more performance.

There are also tuning boxes that are preloaded with a remap and these reflash you cars ecu with a generic performance map.

I'd still recommend that for anyone serious about performance they get a custom remap done and the car setup on a rolling road. I note from that page that the remap yielded the best peak power figures.

Cleaning the EGR & PCV valves and modding the air intake are well documented steps, you can't really start tuning a car until the base is as efficient and effective as possible.

I'd avoid like the plague.

If they are as good as they say, every one whould have one, and you would buy them in Halfords.

Well I have been a victim to this kind of dream fulfilling advertising campaign before, and this was purely down to my own ignorance to the product claims presented to me :sad2:

Granted it is down to product awareness, this item might actually tick all the right boxes and actually do what it claims! :amazed:

But as everyone has said on here before, snakeoils and such like! are prevalent on the web now and are designed to extract as much money as possible from the unsuspecting before the miscreants disappear into the sunset with the victims hard earned money.

Where at all possible NOW! I try to seek any and all advice pertaining to car performance/modifications to the knowledgable chaps here on TC before I spend even small amounts of money on a particular product that I am not too familiar with.

You get what you pay for.

If it seems too good to be true, it is.

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Having said that, this isn't exactly cheap. For £80-100 more you can get a professional remap tailored to your vehicle with a lifetime warranty.

Yeah I don't want one but I was scanning the MG Rover forums to see if MG Diesel's were any good and it seems everyone on thier forum rates this "RoverRon" as much as people here rate Celtic Tuning

:lol: Some topics just never go away do they?

As does the elderly auntie on Her Indoors side, who asks you for a small brandy just to help keep away the winter chill! then promptly empties the entire bottle of my favorite XO Cognac along with 3 pkts of crisps, cream crackers and various cheeses, and not two minutes earlier before she started, claimed she was not hungry when you asked her if she wanted a bite to eat :amazed:

Sorry, rant over! Bless her! :bigsmile:

Sounds like my kids!!

Minus the whole bottle of Cognac that is - they're a little bit young for too much alcohol just yet.

That aside - it's like having locusts with exotic tastes living in the house. Still - it's better than having fussy kids who won't eat anything other than fish fingers etc.

We've considered padlocking the fridge :)

Ha ha,

I was one of those kids, and in a way I still am. I eat pretty much anything and everything. Love it :)

Anyways back to the point, I have actually read that before, and....well... do actually need to give my opinion?

I must have missed something here, whats the rover ron thing? Back to the rover mg, I have asked 1 car dealer and 2 mechanics and all same stay well away .......keep on looking I guess

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back