is it time for diesel

02paynemi

Tuner
Car
A3 1.8t quattro T
I am thinking of getting a new car and am looking at a4 around 2002-ish age, not sure witch modle that is. I have had experience tuning the 1,8t engine in my a3.
Now I am thinking of going for the diesel, I want power and I want a Quattro, what are the tuning options with the 2.5 tdi? I’ve herd a map can get 230-40 bhp with huge toque.
I Don’t no anything about tuning diesel what are peoples thoughts.

make sure you go for the PD diesel engines think these had 180bhp from the 2.5. previously the 2.5 had 150bhp

tuning is roughtly the same, intake,exhaust, map, hybrid turbo, FMIC

think the lpg is like the diesel, you need to do the miles to make the cost worthwhile. think when i looked into it i was quoted something like £1800 so it should pay for itself in around 30k miles if i remember.

I have decided to scrap the a4 diesel idea and keep my a3 1.8t 260bhp. But lpg convert it, I here you can get 300miles out of £25 and not lose to much power.

LPG are crappy because it makes problems and it makes engine loose power and stall!
Advise don't convert LPG, I know that good to save ££££, but which rather you pay diesel or new engine new fuel pipe and new fuel filter and new fuel tank and labour. Wolf whistle!!! some one who own to a4 2002 2.5tdi, he spend roughly 1-3k to replace! second hand engine! jeez! i were thinking about that till my mate told about that and someone told about LPG on their car, they do MASSIVE mistake! to convert LPG on their car

Last edited by a moderator: