ICE Boot Build

Pixel

Road Burner
Car
Ford Fiesta Zetec-S
ICE Boot Build

Eventually, I will get my fiesta zetec-s & I would like to have a boot built when that time comes but how do I go about it? Is it cheap to get them custom built? Can you buy them already built?

And what would you personally include in your boot build, heres my idea.

2 x Subs
1 x amp
1 x power cap
4 x speakers

Fur for the boot build and some neons.

thats sounds pretty good. but id go for another amp. 1 to power the subs and the other to power the speakers. there are some good bodyshops that will make them up for you. why not have a go yourself ?
are you looking at just having them in a box to leave some boot space and make it easy to get in and out, or are you wanting something thats filling the whole boot ?

when do you get the fiesta and what colour is it ?

thats sounds pretty good. but id go for another amp. 1 to power the subs and the other to power the speakers. there are some good bodyshops that will make them up for you. why not have a go yourself ?
are you looking at just having them in a box to leave some boot space and make it easy to get in and out, or are you wanting something thats filling the whole boot ?

when do you get the fiesta and what colour is it ?

A second amp sounds like a good idea

What about a second power cap?

Will i need to upgrade the battery?

The whole boot yes.

Within the next 2 weeks and its Imperial Blue.

powercap - depends how loud your going for.your 1.3 cap should be ok for around 800w continuous. depends on where your fitting it. ive always set mine up before the distribution block so it has been supplying all the amps. you could dry run it with the power cap just before the amp powering the subs.

battery - depends on if your going to be running it while parked up a lot. a second battery in the boot with a split charger might be an idea. that way if you drain the battery in the boot you can still start the car with your main one.

have you thought about making the build your self ? mdf box for the subs for rigidity and fiberglassing the whole boot, inc the mdf boxes. If your fur lining it you wouldnt have to worry about having the fiberglass perfectly smooth.

How about a few screens as well? What kind of power are you looking to have fitted? Does the brand matter (personally I like Alpine)?

How about a few screens as well? What kind of power are you looking to have fitted? Does the brand matter (personally I like Alpine)?

TV Screens are a little out of my budget and wont be appreciated much.

Brand does not matter, as long as their good quality and affordable.

Power:

2 x 12" 1000 Watt Subs
4 x 500 watt speakers

Any head unit under £150 that comes with a USB port - any ideas?

& then whatever Power Caps/Amps you guys think I need to run the above?

Under £150? Why pay so much for the install and cheap out with the head unit? The head unit is just as important as the amps and subs! I like the power you'll have though. I think the 2 amps will work well, although the general rule is 1 amp for every 2 subs.

Under £150? Why pay so much for the install and cheap out with the head unit? The head unit is just as important as the amps and subs! I like the power you'll have though. I think the 2 amps will work well, although the general rule is 1 amp for every 2 subs.

£150 Because I'm a tight bastard :lol:

Yeah 1 amp for every 2 subs but the second amp is for the speakers.

I've seen some nice boot installs made from MDF and they are then sprayed with car paint of covered with fabric. There are also some fibreglass ones around. I'm actually mid way through an article on boot installs so I'll get this up ASAP. Have a look at some of the ICE installs on www.carstylingtips.com some of them are pretty impressive :)

I've seen some nice boot installs made from MDF and they are then sprayed with car paint of covered with fabric. There are also some fibreglass ones around. I'm actually mid way through an article on boot installs so I'll get this up ASAP. Have a look at some of the ICE installs on www.carstylingtips.com some of them are pretty impressive :)

Cheers Waynne.

Drop me a link with the article when your done!

How about using the spare wheel well?

Get your road wheels treated with Ultraseal (look it up via Google) or carry a can of Holts Tyreweld around with you (currently £2 from Asda). Then you get to keep the boot space and the equipment is totally hidden away from damage.

Heck - if you get a big enough speaker you could probably get some rubber fitted and use it as your spare wheel. Just use the powerfull magnet to keep it on the car? ;)

The spare wheel is usually big and heavy and pretty redundant - I've used my spare once in my life but I could have called out the AA. Putting a speaker there has its merits but obviously it won't work if the spare is mounted under the rear of the car.

when i get some cash im thinking of puttin some plastic over the wheel well and stick the amps in that with a nice green neon. Also get rid of the back seats and mount my subs there somehow :s

you can keep the spare wheel but youd lose a little space thats what i did the 1st time. cut out the fiberboard cover and boot carpet and set a 10" sub in there. just needed to raise a section by around an inch then installed the sub . some 3/4" wood then a sheet of perspex to for protection.

not really any good to you ( pixel ) as your wanting to fill the boot. have you got the fiesta yet ? if so take a pic of the boot so you can plan, or if your really good photoshop your instal into it so you get an idea of what your after.