How many ways can your car kill you?

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
I'm not thinking of the Obvious.

We fill up with Petrol and breathe Benzine in - a class 1 carcinogen.
Engine oil is a carcinogen
Brake Dust and Gaskets contain asbestos and create asbestos dust.
Interior plastic gives off PCB's and toxins which build up in our bodies.

Any others that you can think of ? Why do we do it ? I don't think any of us would stop using a car because of these facts but surely the risks can be reduced. What do you think? Am I worrying about nothing?

I think one of the main, but not obvious ones is how lazy it makes us.. Becuase of cars most of us do very little exercise - it's all too easy to drive down to the local pizza hut or have them come deliver to you!

So: heart/collesteral/liver disorders? Is that valid? More of an indirect way, but still they hold a massive responsibility as to why more people are obese..

I'm not thinking of the Obvious.

We fill up with Petrol and breathe Benzine in - a class 1 carcinogen.
Engine oil is a carcinogen
Brake Dust and Gaskets contain asbestos and create asbestos dust.
Interior plastic gives off PCB's and toxins which build up in our bodies.

Any others that you can think of ? Why do we do it ? I don't think any of us would stop using a car because of these facts but surely the risks can be reduced. What do you think? Am I worrying about nothing?

If one wishes to live past 200, then there are many substances that can eventually kill you! :( But for me, I am approaching my golden years and just wish to fully enjoy each day to it's fullest and not worry about even making 70 yet alone 200! :D

That reminds of a story.#

Dr - you've got 3 months to live.
Patient - What! Is there anything I can do that will help?
Dr - Don't smoke, drink, give up sex and avoid any sugary sweet or fatty foods.
Patient - How long will that give me?
Dr - You'll still only have 3 months to live but it will feel like a lot longer than that!

Reactions: Teo
That reminds of a story.#

Dr - you've got 3 months to live.
Patient - What! Is there anything I can do that will help?
Dr - Don't smoke, drink, give up sex and avoid any sugary sweet or fatty foods.
Patient - How long will that give me?
Dr - You'll still only have 3 months to live but it will feel like a lot longer than that!

:rofl:|B So True!!!

Apparently according to my friend, if he spends another weekend in the garage tinkering and not taking his good lady out, his death might soon follow ;)

Reactions: Teo