Hi

Tickety Boo Racing

Car
M3 road DC2 racing
Hello folks just thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mark and I have always been into cars, engines, motorsports etc. I realised another mid life crisis three years ago when i went into racing with the Welsh sports and Saloons then with the LMA Euro Saloons.

My daily car is a 97 E36 M3 which is basically standard which is plenty enough for the road. I race an Integra DC2 Type R with some mild Modifications and found that it is a tremendous car to race, the handling is great and has been rolling roaded at 225. I am currently leading the WSS championship but am having too drive the socks off her.

I would like to upgrade the cams, engine management etc to gain a wee bit more top end and mid range torque but am undecided on which cams to go for as there are so many out there. My main concern is who do I trust to do the mapping etc as that is the most important part. No point spending a few grand if the mapping is poor as it could have an adverse effect.

Anyway my main reason for joining the site is to see what you have to say as I have found from previous experience that a lot of road going cars can be just as good if not better than standard race cars as you guys know what your talking about.

Tickety Boo Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there Mark - its great to have you along. Im jealous that you get to race a DC2. Are there any regs in the WSS championship with relation to engine mods?

I reckon you should get a custom remap and then tweak this to suit your needs. The Apexi Power FC might be just the job. There was a company called Jakan Honda but I don't think they are trading anymore.

Have you thought about a supercharger?

Alright mate, just thought I'd post a welcome for you (even though I already said hi). What's been done to the Integra Type R so far?

Hi there Mark - its great to have you along. Im jealous that you get to race a DC2. Are there any regs in the WSS championship with relation to engine Modifications?

I reckon you should get a custom remap and then tweak this to suit your needs. The Apexi Power FC might be just the job. There was a company called Jakan Honda but I don't think they are trading anymore.

Have you thought about a supercharger?

There are regs and if I were to go down the supercharger route that would put me into a different class. Havent heard about Jakan before so will do a search and see if they are still around.
The problem I have is deciding on which cams to go for. The plan would be to upgrade the valvetrain, port polish etc then when money is ok upgrade to higher comp pistons to compliment it all. The other problem I have is who to give the work to. One of the lads racing with me spent lots and gave it to CPL Racing for the remap etc but made a right hash of it. Performance wise he went backwards.

Cheers Mark

hey and welcome tickety boo. whats the DC2 like to race?
Hondas generally have to be revved to get anything

The DC2 is very good to race as the handling is great. Yes it needs to be revved to get the power. I have a mugen ECU which brings the VTEC in much lower at around 5000 rpm.

Through the twistys the more powerful cars in the race dont have any advantage but I can get left behind on the straights. This is why I need to do some upgrades to get a wee bit more torque and top end.

Alright mate, just thought I'd post a welcome for you (even though I already said hi). What's been done to the Integra Type R so far?

Hello again prince, nothing severe has been done just some mild upgrades and I would like to keep her reliable for now.

Mardisgras race exhaust. AEM induction. Mugen ecu. Mugen exhaust manifold. Water injection. Tein coilovers. Fully adjustable camber front and rear. Poly bushed.

She was rolling roaded at the start of this season and is producing 225 bhp. Not a lot but the weight is now down to 986 kg with a lot more to come off when time allows. The handling makes up for the power so depending on which circuit and the weather conditions can do very well.

Cheers Mark.

P.S enough paragraphs :)

:lol: Yes there are enough paragraphs. I just found that people didn't read long blocks of text. It's my OCD playing up.

You've got a really good spec DC2 there. Have a look at water injection - it might mean you can push the compression up a little more without problems.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back