Hi new member

quincyuk

Car
audi a4 2.0 tdi
Hi Just joined the forum and thought this would be a great place to chat. I have a question though See i drive an audi a4 2.0 tdi and i found the plastic intake very fragile cause i was trying to get access to the headlight and needed to be removed and found a crack. so there must be air loss, is their aftermarket cold air intake desined for diesel cars or can u use ones designed for petrol cars??

hey and welcome.
is the crack before or after the filter?
if its before it wont really make much difference and i doubt a small crack afterwards would make much ether (as long as its not going to allow anything into the turbo) as the turbo will be sucking in the air, so air would be sucked in through the small crack.

now a crack in the pipework after the turbo is a much bigger problem as the air would be being pushed out through the crack causing the air loss.

there are CAI's designed for diesels as the engine layout between petrol and diesels is different.
you can get a cheapo filter that might bolt onto your MAF sensor in place of your standard airbox

also note that diesels also generally flow better than their petrol counterparts and alot of people dont notice any increase in throttle response let alone power with changing out the airbox for the CAI. you might be better just buying another part from Audi and a panel filter unless you want the noise.

just for an example on pricing i got the air duct (sits behind the front grill) Headlight cover (yup you guessed it connects from the duct to behind the headlight) and the snorkel to the airbox for an golf R32 ( all much larger than the standard 1.8t parts) all brand new for under £50, a decent CAI for my bora is around £150

thanks pgarner, great that u took time to explain it. will your air duct fit my car since its a vag part?? and have you got the link for it??

no ive got the part numbers but they were for the petrol 1.8 parts
pics of them are here all put togeather. if they look like they will it i can hunt out the part numbers for them

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back