Hi I'm Feingreth

feingreth

Tuner
Car
Ford Focus 1.8 TDCi
I'm Sebastian (aka Feingreth) from Romania. I study electronics but my real passion is cars (I don't know why I chose electronics over mechanics but I can't go back now), I am 20 years old and have a Clio 1.2 8v which I just got from my parents for free and its mine (soo happy). I'd like to learn more about the mechanics of a car, I read many articles on this site and I must say that I am very pleased with what I've learned, but I want more... if you have any suggestions about any books that might help me please tell!! P.S. English is NOT a problem, I hope anyway :p:)

Hi Feingreth, welcome to the site and I'm glad you are learning a lot already. Your electronics skills will still be important as cars become more and more computer driven. There are some good books on race car setup but these tend to be too extreme for the road. I've never really found a book that covers car modifications which is why I started this site.:D

Thanks for the welcome and I'll keep on learning and searching for more info maybe I'll find a good book here in my country, btw great idea starting the site it is awesome, I wanted to start a site myself some time ago.... but I didn't have any good info to put on it and abandoned it after a while...

Regards
Sebastian
PS Keep the articles coming :D

Hi how you doing I am also new to the forum but thought of welcoming you anyway :D

I was at a car show the other day and one of those clio's was kitted to the hilt and the dyno stats were impressive!

I am from SA my name is Jade;) yeah thats right a girl who loves cars hehehehehehehe.

Anyway enjoy

Nitro said:
I am from SA my name is Jade yeah thats right a girl who loves cars hehehehehehehe.

ohh my god a girl ahhh

only joking think theres a few lasses on the site, and round here there just as mad about cars than the blokes

Thank you everyone.... and thank you nitroangel... finally a girl who knows her stuff :D. In my country the only thing that girls know about car is that they run on petrol or gas and... well... thats about it, for a moment there I thought that it was a lost cause... thank you for proving me wrong...

Lol (laugh out loud) anytime :p funny thing is that my golf modifications were easy but then I got a bee in my bonet about being the first to modify a peugeot in SA and now I am up a creek without a paddel!!!!!

but aggghhh it is fun anyway just trying to figure out how to get a supercharger or a turbo in it but the compression too high in the motor but an electric supercharger might actually be the answer :)

is there a post your baby (and by that I mean car) on the forum?????

Lol (laugh out loud) anytime :p funny thing is that my golf modifications were easy but then I got a bee in my bonet about being the first to modify a peugeot in SA and now I am up a creek without a paddel!!!!!

but aggghhh it is fun anyway just trying to figure out how to get a supercharger or a turbo in it but the compression too high in the motor but an electric supercharger might actually be the answer :)

is there a post your baby (and by that I mean car) on the forum?????

if you look at the near the top there should be a pics button select that and you can upload you pics of the car as dont hink theres a post for pics of your cars closest i can hink of is "what do we all look like" in the general chat (where only about 5 of us took part)

electric super chargers are a big no no with a lot of us here

have you thought about changin gthe engine to a turboed version like the T-16 engine

okay I am all ears; I mean eyes....... why the negativity with electric superchargers I would love your opinion.

the Turbo will mean that I have to replace everything polima bits (intakes) :confused: besides I am all for more power but damn boy a 1.6 with T16 :-? yor

yeh the whole engine would need to be changed i dont know if the T-16 engine appeared on your side of the pond but it was fitted to the large saloon pug cars and rally cars over here, seen one fitted to a 306 gti6 and boy did it go

for the leccy charger look at this thread
http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f8/turbonator-1901/#post25668

basically it goes in the usual form if they made such a difference then why not fit them as standard
it also comes down to physics i cant see how a leccy fan can spin upto a speed where there is enough of a boost level to counter the vac that the engine itself when its at a high rpm. the engine sucks in the air on the intake part of the combustion ( the exhaust valves closed, piston at top dead centre (TDC) and the intake valves open, the next cylinder bangs turns the crank and moves the 1st piston down as there is nothing in the cylinder and the exhaust valves are closed then the air is drawn in through the intake.

ignoring a lot of the physics involved each cylinder in your engine is approx 400cc (1600 over 4) at 750rpm (a standard idle) it means each cylinder is drawing in 30000 cc of air each min, or 120 ltrs a min. granted if you take in to account a NASP engine is at best 50% efficient that still means 60ltrs / min (1ltr a second) at idle now think that your engine will normally sit around 3000 rpm.

now im hoping that ive got all this right :D:D

spooling up quick enough you mean aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh now I see *flicks blonde hair* I see your point ;)

ohh god your blond as well god this is going to have to be explained very very simply
:p:p

ok the leccy charger, chances are , will only have one speed so as the engine increase speed the charger will stay at the same speed (unless its wired into the ecu and varible) so will only help at low speed at higher speed its not going to have enough force to make any difference

if you look at the near the top there should be a pics button select that and you can upload you pics of the car as dont hink theres a post for pics of your cars closest i can hink of is "what do we all look like" in the general chat (where only about 5 of us took part)

electric super chargers are a big no no with a lot of us here

have you thought about changin gthe engine to a turboed version like the T-16 engine

nope the pictures thing I cant access *grins at moderators* so I posted my car as my profile picture.... the best I could find!!!

Wish they had a post your ride (not her) section :D

ok so at least your not blond, malteser ? ;)

have you looked into something completly doing something unique such as fitting an engine from another maker going for power. evo scooby nissian make it a one off pug.

only thing is it may need to be off the road for a while

on the post your car ( or baby ) then start one in the general chat.
the photos tab is beside profile it should have a upload a image

Yeah I have thought of it, then thought against it...............

My objective is to up the kw as high as I can for a pug and keep it as peugeot as possible.

My next car I get will be a Nissan 350Z then I will have a nissan engine lol

theres a version of the 1.6 thats preturboed producing 150bhp (made by BMW and the PSA )

or you could look at the 206 GTi engine with 180 hp, although this engine aint that nice and tends to go.

OK picture uploads - When you select the "go advanced" reply option below you will get an option below the smilies to upload pictures - only people with over 11 posts can use this facility at the moment (this should stop the spam etc...) We have a gallery forum which is ideal for car pictures so start a new thread in the gallery and tell us about your ride.

theres a version of the 1.6 thats preturboed producing 150bhp (made by BMW and the PSA )

or you could look at the 206 GTi engine with 180 hp, although this engine aint that nice and tends to go.

Uhhhhmmm never a 206 they have horrible times here (avarage of 15.3) on the strip!! Plus they guys that ride ehm arrreeee.. too sivilized for me thank you very much :D Plus I have a point to prove that I can do to a car that some people dont want to change.........

it was the most powerful one i can think of thats still pug

the 1.6 turbo should be good as it was a joint make with bmw so should be reliable
think its also the new version of the mini cooper s

yeah the 206 aint a nice car to drive and the 2 180s hat are around here both burn oil like mad

heres a thought for you if you want to keep the pug engine have you looked at using independant throttle bodies ?
now have seen these on a few cars and normally give around 100hp/ltr when mixed with new cams and remap or standalone ECU

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back