Hi all

turbonutter69

TC ModFather
Car
Insignia SRI.
Hi all just thought i'd say hi. My names Andy an i drive a 1998 2 litre nissan primera p11. Not had it very long but started to mod it already. Anyways just thought i'd say hi.

Hi Andy nice to have you along. The primera is quite a nice drive. I see guys get quite a bit of power out of hte 2.0 Nissans. What engine code is it?

Hi there the engine code is sr20de. It has good power but when i bought it i was told when it first gets started whether it be cold or not it stalled if i didn't hold the revs for a few seconds. Well sorted that with some carb cleaner an now i have a problem with knock sensor. But cant seem to find the actual problem with it.

Sometimes the cars is fine. But somedays it just looses power. Its really lumpy throught the rev range until about 4000rpm. If i put my foot down in second or third i can feel it pulling a bit more when the revs rise. It's like its got turbo lag? One minute it struggles then it goes like stink.???

Hi there prince so far i have replaced the air filter with an aftermarket unit. I've also put a universal rear box on, but it's not just a bodge job i used the original box but cut the end off and welded it to the new one so it just unbolts like factory. It's got rainbow side lights that flash loads of different coulors. And i've also put a stereo in it with some vibe 6x9's and a 12 inch sub with an amp. I've not had the car long an if I can't get the knock sensor sorted then i might sell it. It's a great car just need the knock sensor sorting. Just taken me to anglesey an back without a problem anyway 400miles. Good car.

When were the plugs/ht leads last changed? Could be a faulty sensor as you suspect but it is worth making sure everything else is in perfect condition.

Plugs where changed not so long ago and the place where i got the service parts told me it wasn't worth changing the leads. But i think i'm gonna do them soon with another service. Done maybe 2000 miles since last service.

Did the trouble start after you added the induction kit? Is it lumpy when it is cold or hot or is it at certain points in the rev range?

It does it when it's hot or cold but it is all the way through the rev range untill about 4000rpm then it picks up. Its happened since i've had it. I have replaced the knock sensor but the same code still comes up?

When it's feeling sluggish is the engine still smooth? My Primera always felt that it really came alive properly on beyond 4000rpm. They're not especially torquey engines low down at the best of times.

(TO Prince: Yes the A/C in Primeras is very effective. That, too, can really sap some power.)

Have you considered using a good injector cleaner additive such as Forte Gas Treatment?

This stuff can resolve all manner of issues. If you had a problem with ECU, lambda, MAF etc then the engine malfunction light would almost certainly be on permanently.

EGR (Nissan calls them PCV) valves can also clog and cause performance problems.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back