Hey

Sebigboss

Car
Audi S4
Name is Steven, live in Vienna since 1998.
The household contains an Audi S4, a Volvo V70R and Honda S2000. Only the S2000 is stock, the rest are very heavily modded.
Recent addition is an older stripped out and gutted Vectra 4x4 Turbo which will be granted an unexpected second life. Hopefully.

Hi steven, thats quite a collection of cars you have there. Is the S2000 perfect enough as it is so you didn't see a need to modify it?

The Vectra project does sound very interesting. I hope you post up some pics when you get to 10 posts.

Thats quite a decent set of cars. The hard thing must be choosing one to drive at the weekends?

Ah, uhm, well.
With the S4 its more a case of removing than adding...which is just about everything. I stripped it of every part I can get away with so the police don't pull my plates and did invisible engine changes. Only the water injection kit is kinda visible if you look closely.

The Honda is perfect just the way it is. There has been much deliberation but a turbo would kill its magic, a supercharger might be OK, but then you need to start modding other stuff to keep it reliable. So only the exhaust was changed to an invidia. If you take off the cover to the air filter box its quite a blast even though it slows the car down a lot.

No one asked about the Volvo. Its the secret weapon ;)

The Vectra is the new project. Its going to get rebuilt, GT40 turbo, stronger drive train (middle dif, etc), full engine works (pistons, conrods, cams, IC, ...). I guess I will stick to easy stuff that lots of people have done before to get familiar with the technology. I really have no clue about Opel/Vauxhall... If it works out, the Vectra will end up a real track and race car and I wont have to worry about road-legal so I can go mad. But thats only a maybe for now

Volvos are surprising cars, especially with the turbo engines. A friend of mine had an 850T5 shaped like a brick but it went like a missile.

Don't forget about a remap on the Vectra it pulls together all the rest of the work you do to it. How long do you think it will take you to do?

Well, the project should be completed by, in theory, Feb or March.
The remap is a must. Running 2 Bar of boost, revving until 9000-9500rpm, bigger injectors, etc - in fact a totally new ECU is going to be used. The original one cannot even begin to handle what is needed.
However, its going to be 2 months before I can even think about software...first the hardware has to be in place.

Good luck with everything and please give us plenty of progress reports.

You are spot on with getting the hardware done first though - ive seen people have to get a second remap done due to bad planning!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back