Hey all!

scvant

Car
Punto Mk 2
Hey just joined the forum and have been snooping around. I own a Punto Mk 2 (first car) which doesnt really compare to the cars some of you have but its a start! Got a few things lined up for it only thing stopping me is cash. Heres some piccys for you:

DSC00022.jpg

Car.jpg

Dent on the bonnet has been removed

DSC00023.jpg

Any ideas on a cheap starting thing to do when tuning/styling a car?

Thanks !

Hi and welcome. First up I'd try the breakers yard for a nice set of alloy wheels.

What sort of look are you going for? What engine do you have?

Yeah i had a look down my local breakers yard couldnt find any decent sets of alloys. however i found a set of wolfrace which were curbed up pretty bad.
Im kinda going for a subtle look nothing too OTT.

When cleaning the car i noticed some white marks on my bumpers which im guessing is polish stains. Any ideas how to get rid of this? ive tried auto glym bumper care but all it seems to do is make it shine.

welcome mate.
nice car you got there.
1.2l?
well, it's the best car for a start and not just for the start, think about the HGT edition of those, there are plenty of stuff for your ride, it's not a bad car at all, believe me.
welcome to TC mate then, have fun.

Yeah its the 1.2 8v

Ummm i was looking at cheap things i could do to it and saw 'Ecotek CB-26P' and 'Ecotek Powerboost Engine Decoker'. They both seem to be fairly decent mods by improving MPG, accelration, engine life etc and for under £70~ GIMME GIMME.

Only negative (in some cases) seems to be the valves noise but you can now buy a 'silencer'.

have any of you tried these products?

I wouldnt bother mate as there not worth it, apart from the induction noise when you lift off thats it and not everyone likes that noise as its kind of raspy.

The engine de coker isnt bad but if you car has recently been serviced or has been serviced regulary throughout its life then it probably isnt worth doing.

Re: Polish stain removal use a pencil eraser or peanut butter!;) We had a chat about this in another thread and these 2 suggestions seemed to work best.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back