Hey all. Joined as i'm always up for learning more

Costelloracer

Car
Corolla T Sport 03
Hello to everyone

I like to think i know my stuff but i'm allways up for learning more. If anyone has any new idea's of tuning then give me a shout because I live for this stuff.

Heres one for you. Ive seen ball bearings suspended at the intake as it attracts moisture from the air and then gets pulled into the engine. As water can't be compressed then the compression ratio rises and therefore so does the power.

Now I would like to point out that I didn't come up with that idea and personally think that the idea has more holes in it than an English B road, but I love it. Even though I dont think it would work I still love the idea and can see where he is coming from.

So if you have some interesting crazy thoughts of how to gain that last bit of power then please share.

Hi there and a very warm welcome good to have you along. What mods have you done so far to your car?

I've never heard the ball bearing one - it sounds a bit crazy to me, as you say nice in theory but probably loses something in practice.

Heres an idea I have been kicking around. Base an air filter on the DYSON cyclonic vacuum cleaner. The dust and grit drops out of the air in the cyclone leaving you the full flow of air into the engine. (The aperture size is quite small so I'm looking to modify an old cyclone chamber to see if it will work on a car! ;))

Hi there and a very warm welcome good to have you along. What mods have you done so far to your car?

I've never heard the ball bearing one - it sounds a bit crazy to me, as you say nice in theory but probably loses something in practice.

Heres an idea I have been kicking around. Base an air filter on the DYSON cyclonic vacuum cleaner. The dust and grit drops out of the air in the cyclone leaving you the full flow of air into the engine. (The aperture size is quite small so I'm looking to modify an old cyclone chamber to see if it will work on a car! ;))

Sounds like a brilliant idea in theory, wouldnt the dust and grit just build up? Guess youd just have to clean it regularly but hey looking forward to the results on that one :).

Anyways welcome to the forum mate.

Last edited:
Welcome!

Ball bearings.......................I doubt it and if we wanted to attract water, why not have water injection? Who wants to be the first to hang a ball bearing near their intake? ;)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back