hello

herb

modherbrator
Car
Seat Leon Cupra
hello everyone i drive a 2001 leon cupra which has been fun to own but i will be getting rid of within the next couple of months as soon as i finish it main reasons being i have spent to much getting it to the stage its at and in all honesty i prefer older cars so will be going back to a mk3 astra maybe a let or v6 not sure yet ??
anyway nice site and some good threads !!
my only query is all threads start from the bottom can i change it so the treads start from the top??

Hi Herb and welcome. Cupras are nice motors but you cant beat old school!

cheers mate and couldn't agree more about older cars their easier and cheaper to mod and maintain and in alot of cases look better than new cars :)

hey and welcome to the site mate, nice to see another vag owner. whats all been done to the cupra to get it to that stage?

regarding the regarding the threads what do you mean ? they should be set up for date order so oldest at the top within the thread, and in the main part of the forum newest shown at the top. otherwise we'd be going through tons of pages to get to the new threads

hey and welcome to the site mate, nice to see another vag owner. whats all been done to the cupra to get it to that stage?

regarding the regarding the threads what do you mean ? they should be set up for date order so oldest at the top within the thread, and in the main part of the forum newest shown at the top. otherwise we'd be going through tons of pages to get to the new threads

hi mate and cheers for the welcome as for a spec this is what i have done and had done in the last 11 months of owning the car

auto window relex module
changed tyres from pirreli p6000 (sh*t) to goodyear eagles (good)
debedged the rear
custom made front upper and lower grills
smoothed front fog light covers
sony head unit
ebc turbo grove dics all round 312mm front 256mm rear + red stuff pads
mk5 golf gti alloys with 225/40/18 tyres
custom made 2 into 1 air intake
de restricted airbox
green pannel filter
stage 1 remap
forge 007 dv
2.5" turbo back powerflow system
new maf
n75j valve
4 bar fpr
forge fmic
forge tip
stage 2 remap + rr with the result 224.8 bhp 263.3 lbs/ft torque :D

and as for the threads i have sorted that now

whats the custom 2 to 1 airbox ?

aye was trying to PM to show how to change settings but wont send for somereason
noiticed you were set up for oldest first for some reason

whats the custom 2 to 1 airbox ?

aye was trying to PM to show how to change settings but wont send for somereason
noiticed you were set up for oldest first for some reason

basicly ive added a 2x4" flexi feed from a redundant bumper scoop kept the original intake then added a solid 2x4" feed to the air box but a custom 2 into 1 air intake sounds better :blink1:

i dont think i can pm until i request it and thanks but i have sorted that anyway mate

sounds like a good idea. seen pics of a cupra with a 4" flexi pipe fitted. ive just went with the R32 airducting and snorkel fitted to the air box with the internals smoothed off. it alone made a hell of a differerence with throttle response.

PM will is automatic it should enable itself at 20 posts.

sounds like a good idea. seen pics of a cupra with a 4" flexi pipe fitted. ive just went with the R32 airducting and snorkel fitted to the air box with the internals smoothed off. it alone made a hell of a differerence with throttle response.

PM will is automatic it should enable itself at 20 posts.

the thing i forgot to mention the main reason i did it my way was i only had to move the battery tray over 15mm and i can still put the top of the battery cover on with a 4" round pipe you have to move the battery tray over alot more and in some cases the battery cover dosent fit

Hi herb and welcome to the forum! What plans do you have for the new car?
cheers for the welcome mate and plans for the astra ideally would be buy a standard phase 2 gsi less likely to have the dreaded tin worm on the rear arches
exterior wise change the skirts, wing mirrors, rear lights to phase 1 items totally smooth the exterior i.e. handles, side indicators, swag lines, roof rails, rear wiper, vaux badge and petrol flap and sprayed black lowered and some nice alloys spaced out and stretched tyres love the euro look
interior wise pretty much standard apart from the instrument pannel i have already made and seats and door card re trim
engine wise im almost certain it will be a v6 conversion because of price ease and availability
thats basicly the plans i have in my head at the minute but could change also this would be a work in progress

pleeeaaaase dont get stretched tires. imo they are dangerous, i've just read up on them an its said that the best tires to do it with is ones on the high end of the price bracket, so get some tires that fit properly. but tbh its your choice at the end of the day so do what you want, but just remember that it makes it easyer for the tire to come of the rim if there stretched. other than that it sounds good

pleeeaaaase dont get stretched tires. imo they are dangerous, i've just read up on them an its said that the best tires to do it with is ones on the high end of the price bracket, so get some tires that fit properly. but tbh its your choice at the end of the day so do what you want, but just remember that it makes it easyer for the tire to come of the rim if there stretched. other than that it sounds good

thanks for the heads up on stretched tyres but the car im planning on building is going to be my first show car so no thrashing arround in this 1 and thats where the dangers lie in stretched tyres not in weekend cruising thanks again for the concern :bigsmile:

Hi Herb and welcome to TorqueCars. (I had set new members to see posts "oldest first" I have changed this and I guess you have altered your profile settings anyway. Thanks for the heads up - if you hadn't said something I would never have found out!)

Nice spec by the way. It almost seems a shame to sell it and move on :(

Hi Herb and welcome to TorqueCars. (I had set new members to see posts "oldest first" I have changed this and I guess you have altered your profile settings anyway. Thanks for the heads up - if you hadn't said something I would never have found out!)

Nice spec by the way. It almost seems a shame to sell it and move on :(

cheers for the welcome and no worries about the heads up mate and as for the leon its the best car i have ever owned and probably will for a good few years but i have spent 3k on it within the last 11 mnths and the next stage is bigger turbo and map so probably looking at another 1k and im never going to see this money when i sell so im cutting my losses and buying a mk3 astra wich i love cause i have missed my old gsi so much sad i know :embarrest:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back