hello

hey mick

welcome to the site. What you driving and is anything ben done to it ?

if you need any help with anything just ask theres bount to be someone here that knows there stuff

Thanks Pgarner,
Ive got a astra 2.0 turbo 170BHP standard but i would love it to go faster, mybe someone knows any mods i can do.
Cheers Mick.

remaps the obvious option that will prob give you around 200bhp. induction kit exhaust, cams will all give a increase in power

big option i to look around scrappys / ebay see if you can find a turbo of VXR. best to wait to get it fitted before a custom remap to get the best gains, also save you £££ by only needing the single remap

or get in touch with BAD63R he knows is stuff

Badgers vecyy http://www.torquecars.com/features/vectra-engine-swap.php

thread about the veccy

http://www.torquecars.com/forums/f47/not-been-around-while-here-why-1296/

I take it your Astra is either a Mk4 SRi/GSi Turbo or a Astra Coupe/Cabby Turbo (only models released with the Eco-tec Turbo) but shouldn't you have 184bhp rather than 170bhp as standard???

Let me know if you need anyhelp with making yours go faster as I will be more that willing to offer my services and theories ;)

Chow for now and welcome to the site ;)
BAD63R

Not sure what MK it is but its on a 56 plate, I think its the very last 2.0 Turbo out they changed it to a 1.6 Turbo, anyway mine is the 170 BHP they also made a 200BHP and i would like to know what the difference is between them and how dificaught it would be to convert mine.
Thanks for the reply BAD63R

Ah so that would be the Mk 5 SRi then :) 0-60 in 8.4 seconds (by the book) and has 184lb/ft, top speed of 135 (again by the book). Nice car you have there mate. Thebest thing i would say is get it chipped. Turbo's love being chipped and will easily see you over 190bhp with just a stage 1 ecu remap. Courtenay Sport do a Stage 2 ecu remap for £159 and take the 2.0 206bhp red top version (what i have in my veccy) up to 245bhp without touching the intercooler or turbo or internals. Well worth a look mate ;)

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back