Hello

fella

Car
mk3 astra 2.5 V6
Hello ppl new to this site
I'm from essex just brought a mk3 astra which has a 2.5 v6 lump into need help or advice in tune it up

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars car Forum :)

Feel free to have a look around the website, there are many varied and interesting articles to read on all manner of car modifying subjects.
Also, you may find our members project threads and photo gallery very useful as a source of inspirational ideas towards your own special project!
Enjoy! :)

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

The best mods for a car engine are as follows.
Internal work yields the biggest gains, head work like porting polishing and 3 angle valve jobs will maximise the airflow and raise the power.

If you want to go to the max then cryo treat the block, get it rebored and look into blueprinting and balancing as well.

Bigger valves are an obvious addon but not all engines are suitable as it depends how close together the OEM valves are.

A fast road cam will yield good power gains, especially in the top end of the rev range. Don't go mad though a profile of up to 270 degrees will give the best gains without the engine becoming cammy.

The most popular power mods are induction kits (which are questionable as power mods but they can sound nice if that is your sort of thing) and sports exhausts with sports catalysts or decats.

To keep the car legal I'd recommend a sports catalyst rather than a decat.
The last mod should always be a remap as this will allow you to fully realise the power gains on offer from your mods. Turbo cars respond very well to remaps.

It's worth having a read of the articles on www.torquecars.com/tuning/ for more information on these mods and what the terms mean.

2.5 from a Vectra B?

If so get some fast road cams, induction kit and exhaust and you should see around 210bhp. You'd want a custom remap to get the most of out them.

Hello and welcome to the site mate

ach wheres badger when you need him

im sure hes posted in the past about the 3ltr cams fitting into the 2.5 for higher flow

it's already been decated and has air filter is it worth taking it off as a few ppl has said it doesnt make alot of difference, where would b the best place to get cams from?

Hello and welcome to the site mate

ach wheres badger when you need him

im sure hes posted in the past about the 3ltr cams fitting into the 2.5 for higher flow

That rings a few bells.

Remote cone filter away from the engine works well on these or better still an enclosed system. The stock filter system and resonator box strangles it.

Bit late I know but is advice still required here. I can tell you how to get 200bhp without spending over £100 ;)

Ok bud, get yourself 4 3.0 cams from an Omega or even from 2 vectra GSi's as they have 1 pair of them. But 1 pair in 2.5 will give you 192bhp with no other work, however 4 of them will get you you hitting 200bhp+ and will cost you no more than £80-100. They are known as G cams as they have the letter G stamped into them and are very easy to get hold of.

Any more advice just ask pal ;)

its just had new cam belt and new clucth fitted its still running on the 2.0l gear box what other mods r worth doing to get the best power out ov it mant thanks

Here we go lmao, where to start. It all depends how deep your pocket is but you can get them up to 250bhp no problem and that would be plenty for an Astra as there would be huge amounts of torque at that power.

Small list to think about...

-Uprated fuel pump
-uprated injectors
-3.8 bar or 4.0 bar FPR
-gas flowed inlet manifold
-3.0 lower devider to match ported inlet
-CS15 heads from courtenay (the heads are 15% larger internals and gives roughly 12-15% increase in power
-tubular exhaust manifolds
-Miltek uprated downpipes
-straight decatted exhaust (decatting the 2.5 V6 give a minimum of 10bhp garrunteed)
-enlarged throttle body with T/C unit to match

Then once you have the power sorted then go for...

-Light weight flywheel
-uprated clutch
-F18 gearbox
-Short shift gear stick

Then thats the acceleration sorted then think about...

-Vectra 5 stud hub conversion
-288mm standard Vectra V6 brake disks or drilled and grooved disks of the same size.
-Vectra V6 Calipers
-Uprated brake pads

Some things to get you mind working but all that aswell as the 4 3.0 cams, should see you between 230-240bhp depending on how good the engine is. The flywheel etc will give you better acceleration with the power you have and then then theres my suggestion about getting that power to stop lol.

Hope that helps you bud.

Last edited:
isnt The standard FPR a 3bar unit. The 2.6 vectra was fitted with a 3.8 bar FPR ? wouldnt it over fuel it wiv the 4 bar?

Dont go near a power boost valve, they do more damage than good. And as far as the FPR goes, if you have other mods then no it wont overfuel if you've had it remapped. I have a 3.8 bar from a 2.6 V6 fitted as they are only £35 from Vauxhall brand new and fit straight on and do exactly the same as a 4.0. Only really go for the 4.0 FPR if you have most of the mods listed above.

many thanks bad63r just a quick one about the G cams would it b best going for 2 or 4? just been offered 2 for 70 plus postage but can get 4 for about 140

many thanks already have the air filter and the middle box has been taking off and been de-catted thanks again for the advice

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back