Hello The TD5 Engine Driver's

nanocom06

Car
Land Rover Defender
Hello All, ;)

I join you in this forum because i would like to exchange about the Land Rover TD5 ECU Engine Upgrade.

I enjoy to drive my "light boosted" Defender but I will increase my research about the TD5 mapping engine.

I use a nanocom interface to read and write map fuel in the ECU, but i would like to have more experience about the ECU software and have reverse ingenering about it to understand what the differents maps do.

Greats.

Fred

cyan5E_5Everdana5E_5E25E_5E25E_5EWelcometoTorqueCars5E_5E.gif

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend!
Good to have you along with us :)

Hi Fred,

I have just joined today to learn more about playing with the mapping of the ECU on my Land Rover Discovery Serries II 1/2 ( Myo3 ) Manual 2.5L Diesel (TD5). I haven't been able to buy myself a Nanocom yet as I cannot communicate with the Italian manufacturer / supplier, and they do not speak English either, I am in Australia. I am looking to use Chinese made ELM 327 via cable or Bluetooth ( just purcharsed ), to get some idea of what is going on. I don't know what will work, and what I will get out of it either.

The trouble I am having is that I have fitted large 33"x18" tyres on my 4x4 and now the turbo is boosting more towards the top of the rev. range just when I am about to change gear, making the vehicle more difficult to drive. It is essentially spinning the gear box when warm too fast for the entry speed of the next gear, making more use of the sincro gears ( notchy ), and double-de-clutching frequently required. With the standard 29~31" wheels the turbo came into effect in the mid rev range.

I haven't found much by the way of Land Rover TD5 re-mapping information of this forum yet.

Hello Chuc,

Sorry for you, but the ELM 327 isn't working on TD5 engine for remapping. (I don't know this interface very well, but it is all tuning forums resume about TD5)

I use the first generation of Nanocom device...

Since a few month, you can found a very good tuning map software called "td5mapeditor". It is developped by Luca, but you need to have a Nanocom to extract and insert the fuelmap in your ECU.

*Removed URL as per our T&C's*

I found many interesting informations about TD5 tuning in European Land Rover forums as
In French :

*Removed URL as per our T&C's*

Sorry buddy, new members need to have made 10 posts before being allowed to post any URL's or photos, this helps us to deter the naughty spammers.

T9 man
Moderator.

ok...
That's a shame for the links, I just wanted to help Chuc :( !!!

Then, Chuc will have to research himself with his favorite search engine, for example the following keywords: td5mapeditor; chiptuning

Last edited:
ok...
That's a shame for the links, I just wanted to help Chuc :( !!!

Then, Chuc will have to research himself with his favorite search engine, for example the following keywords: td5mapeditor; chiptuning

Sorry buddy I know you wanted to help Chuc and I thank you for that; but those are the rules.
The reason for the rule is that we do this to help deter the constant stream of spammers who make our website life very annoying for us on several occasions, hope you understand!
Once you have reached 10 posts the system will allow you to post pictures and URL's.

Regards
T9 man
Moderator.

Hello and a warm welcome to TorqueCars from the Admin. Please enjoy the site, comment on the discussions and start lots of new threads. We're all here to contribute afer all!

You'll find us a friendly and helpful forum, there are certainly a lot of different cars and people on here from all over the world.

Tell us about your project, we'd encourage you to start a project thread and please get to 10 posts as soon as you can so you can post us up some pictures.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back