Hello from Yorkshire

Clio197

Car
Renault Clio 197
Hi everyone

Just stumbled across this friendly place when doing a search for 'adding a turbo to a non-turbo car'. I have quite a few questions, and no doubt you'll get bored to the back teeth of them very soon :toung:

I'm currently running a new Clio 197 and wanting to enter it into some 'modified' car events (racing against the clock).

Looking at my options before I spend a penny :)

Cheers

hello there buddy and Welcome to Torque Cars.
You have a good base car there with plenty of potential.
Have you done any mods to it already yet?

It's pretty much a base model. It's got eibach springs on which lowers the ride slightly and certainly keeps it stiffer in the corners.

But other than that - totally standard!

It's being remapped tomorrow which projected figures push towards 212bhp.
I'm not sure which route on the induction to go down - any recommendations?

I've heard the K&N Apollo are ok - what about the pipercross / black mamba kits?

I'm getting the official renault front splitter / rear cup spoilers next week but wanting to speak to someone to see what the best route is for the car....

Not heard much about the Pipercross/black mamba? The K&N Apollo is a quality piece of kit. I've heard good things about The Pipercross Viper induction kit though. I'd get it put on though before the remap. If you want to change the exhaust it's a good idea to this before the remap as well.

Hi and welcome to TorqueCars. I bet it lifts a rear wheel on sharp cornering? Have you got a roll bar fitted yet? Are you running with a limited slip diff? An LSD will really improve traction and putting the power down in bends.

Instead of a turbo why not look into getting a supercharger instead? Have a read of Claymores posts about his supercharged Fiat Marea.

It would also be worth doing some radical weight reduction as well - you might as well make the most of your power.

hey and welcome to the site mate.
howd you get on with the remap ? didnt think youd get 15bhp from the 197 as its in pretty high tune already

hey and welcome to the site mate.
howd you get on with the remap ? didnt think youd get 15bhp from the 197 as its in pretty high tune already

But isn't that why you'd get more out of it? I mean the engine is sort of modified from the factory but De-tuned.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back