Hello From Trip Europa!

tripeuropa

Car
Triumph TR7 V8
My name's Colin & I drive a mad, souped-up TR7 V8.

I've joined the forum because a mate and I are planning something a road trip across Europe next year and I wondered if there might be other friendly petrol-heads who may like to come along.

I'll take a look around and find the best place on the site to post a road trip event (feel free to give me suggestions!).

My name's Colin & I drive a mad, souped-up TR7 V8.

I've joined the forum because a mate and I are planning something a road trip across Europe next year and I wondered if there might be other friendly petrol-heads who may like to come along.

I'll take a look around and find the best place on the site to post a road trip event (feel free to give me suggestions!).

Welcome to Torque Cars. Nice car BTW.

Is it the Buick short block V8 you have in there?

My mother had an MGB GT V8 in the early 1970's. That, despite being in standard tune did actually go very nicely indeed. Unless you wanted to change direction in the wet, that is :-(

Although too young to drive it at that time I do remember the soundtrack vividly.

Well, my TR is a bit custom. The engine block was originally destined for a Morgan, I believe - it was stage 2 race tuned, apparently.

Right now, she's not in a totally happy state. I keep her in a dehumidified tent but when I tried to start her at the end of last year a lot of oil came out. She's going to need some love and attention to get her back again.

(I tried to post a link to her - but I'm too new - sorry, moderators; I should've read the rules before.)

Well, my TR is a bit custom. The engine block was originally destined for a Morgan, I believe - it was stage 2 race tuned, apparently.

Right now, she's not in a totally happy state. I keep her in a dehumidified tent but when I tried to start her at the end of last year a lot of oil came out. She's going to need some love and attention to get her back again.

(I tried to post a link to her - but I'm too new - sorry, moderators; I should've read the rules before.)

You will require 10 posts before you can upload pics or links buddy.

That's complicated.

In '94, my dad died leaving me a black TR7 (he bought it the year before he died). At that point, it was just a standard car. A few pieces weren't welded quite as tightly as they should've been - but it was a standard 2.0l coupe TR7.

After Dad died, I left Scotland for Germany - the car was falling to bits, but somehow I managed to drive it across.

In '95, I had some work done on it by the guys in Nottingham and, on the way back from England to Germany and I had a SERIOUS accident on ice in Belgium. The car was in a bad way, but I shipped the bits back to the company in England.

At that point, the car was so far gone, we basically started again. They (re)-imported a body shell from California (less rust), and got a brand new 4.6l Rover V8 powerplant. 5spd gearbox, uprated brakes. Body kit.

You get the idea - it's a bit of a hot rod.

Hello and welcome to the TorqueCars forums, nice to meet you. Sorry I'm a bit late replying, been tied up with a few things.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back