Hello Everyone! I am a Suzuki Cappuccino Owner

zrswinnerton

Car
Suzuki Cappuccino
Hello my name is Zach. I bought my 1993 Suzuki Cappuccino 660cc turbocharged car in Japan while station there for the Army. I was stationed in Camp Zama, Japan. I loved it out there. I am now out of the military and pursuing my degree in Electrical Engineering at University of Washington - Tacoma. I plan to graduate Spring of 2021.

While in Japan I raced with friends on the mountain roads and loved how spirited the Cappuccino was. I was able to keep up with my friends 300zx, for the most part, since I didn't have to brake in turns. I have modified my car with an upgraded turbo and injectors. The stock engine outputs 64hp. I have not dinoed my car but I suspect it to be in the 80-90hp range based on similar setups. One thing I have been interested in is doing a compound setup on my car. Specifically a supercharger and turbocharger setup. I have seen other owners use a TD04L on the Cappuccino and provides great boost, but only at high RPM ranges. I am looking into using AMR 500 supercharger often used for VW bugs. I have never done a setup like this before, but am up for the challenge!

When researching these setups I found that people used bypass valves and/or clutched pulleys. I am looking for advise or expertise from the community about this sort of setup. If anyone has knowledge I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Zach

Hello and a very warm, welcome to TorqueCars from me the admin!

I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and look forward to Talking Cars with you. Tell us all about your project and your plans for it.

Sorry I've not been around much, I've been fighting off a DDOS attack on this site. Hopefully performance is back up to where it was, or perhaps a little better.

Keep reading the articles on our site and this forum... you'll pick up loads of good common sense tips and don't be afraid to post questions, were all here to share our knowledge and experience.

We run a really fun and interesting car community and many have said we're the friendliest around, always ready to help out where we can.

Enjoy your time with us, post loads and feel free to ask any questions or begin new threads and discussions. We're always interested to hear your comments and views on our existing topics and in the hot polls.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back