Hello! 540 e39

GaSu88

Car
BMW 540 e39
My name is Alexey. I bought a 1998 bmw with m62b44 engine. At the moment the car is in the process of recovery: overcooking thresholds and bottom, color, interior restoration. Already replaced the engine wiring and many sensors. Signed up to gain experience in tuning with more experienced motorists.

Waynne the admin here and I would like to personally extend a sincere welcome to TorqueCars. I apologise for the delay in responding; I've had a really busy period recently, but I believe I've caught up now.

I'm certain you'll fit right in, and I'm looking forward to talking cars with you.

I enjoy the idea of this project, and I'm a big fan of automotive variety in whatever form it takes from cars to project ideas.

What modifications have you previously made, and which ones would you recommend? Is there anything you'd want us to write about on our main site? - The feedback we get from our members has a significant impact on the research and information we produce.

We have a wealth of information on our website and in this forum, so don't be shy about asking questions or sharing your own experiences and insights. We're all here to help each other out.

A lot of people say we're the nicest car community around, and we're always happy to provide a helping hand.

Enjoy your stay with us, post as much as you can, and feel free to ask questions or start new topics and debates. Your thoughts and opinions on our current issues and hot polls are always welcome.

Has our new TV channel caught your attention? When you've had a chance to watch it, please let us know what you think of it. https://www.youtube.com/torquecars

Didn't do anything before. This is my first project. At the moment, the car body is being digested, then it will be painted and further improved. I have a question: I want to put Alpina B10 V8 camshafts in it without vanos. Can you please tell me if there is anything else that needs to be changed? Or will it last in stock?

AFAIK other than checking the valve clearance/lifters etc... it should be fine. A map might be needed to get the most from it though. Have you thought of a head swap with VANOS?

Quite a few people are using Alpina parts in their BMW engines, tis a good solid upgrade option and they kind of know what they are doing setting up an engine.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back