Evening all

meethrap

Torque Junkie
Car
TT225
hello all:), good to be here:D, hopeing to learn all i can:???: about the impreza world from sites like these;)

HI Meethrap and welcome to TorqueCars. Feel free to ask any questions about cars and car tuning. Have you started on any mods yet?

none as of yet:), i bought the car just under a month ago as me and the missus felt sorry for it:( as it has been seriously neglected and vandal damaged:mad:, gets me how some people can treat a car of this caliber like this,:evil: at mo ive just finished repairing some major electrical issues on the drivers side interior:mrgreen:, hopeing to go through it with a fine tooth comb and nurse it back to life:D, with a few minor Modifications along the way;);), theres a lot i would like to learn from you folks in particular what sort of things are these engines prone to, its allready got a slight bigend knock on it, but are the barrels prone to excessive offset wear causing piston slap due to its design, i get giddy with the camera during the restoration process so if theres anything you folks can help me identify along the way just ask and ill snap it, as i get the feeling that maybe some Modifications have been done in a previous life.:mrgreen:

yeah its a shame when people get a hold of nice cars and hammer them into the ground.

its one thing to modify and look after and another to just hammer then leave it for someone else to have to put up with.

could you take loads of pics is possible. crank, con rods, bearings, valves springs cam etc. i know that waynne will be happy for any pics of split down engines as possible as it will give him a good help when making up guides for the site

oh definately, at mo im working on everything body, i did buy one of these manuals on dvd of fleabay which covers quite a few of them, i also found a link to another manual that covers 2004 upwards, but there are just somethings that the manuals dont cover, it will be a slow project as everything i know about the imprezas is only what i have learned from getting stuck in and browsing a couple of forums in the past couple of weeks, if you guys want access to these manuals just let me know and ill email them to ya or try and get em uploaded onto my photobucket for direct access(dont hold your breath on that one though), where exactly do you want me to put the pics, in here or start a new thread?????

btw,, the engine is what ill be doing last(if it lasts that long) due to the fact that i am hopeing to rebuild it myself so ill wanna know every option available before i start and which option will suit me best for what i wanna achieve, dont wanna be too greedy, im hopeing to reach approx 350bhp but using components that will take a bit more if i later decide i want more, wink, wink. off the top of my head at the mo, the problems with engine are piston slap, and a slight bigend knock, small oil leak somewhere around the turbo area as i can see and smell a faint trace of smoke from under the bonnet, and the power steering pump is on its last legs i think as it whines its head off under pressure. was quite amusing actually when i bought it and was driving back, i came to a stop at some traffic lights and you could see a faint haze of smoke coming out of the intercooler vent on the bonnet and i sat there thinking for f**k sake not now ive got 70 f*****g miles to go yet.

If you start a new thread in gallery you will get more views. (If you have under 10 posts and post up a picture, we will need to manually approve the thread so don't worry if it doesn't show up straight away.)

I feel for you. Its pretty worrying when driving a car which could die at any minute.

lmao, still goes like a mother f****r, when i got it back home before laying it to rest on my drive the missus asked if it drove well coming home so i took her up the road in it, i think she wished she'd never asked.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back