ecu remap chip flasher

mawand

Car
Zafira 1.8 A/T
My ride is zafira 1.8 automatic transmission powered by Z18XE engine. I need to have better acceleration on this car by having light mods. Having looked at many products offering ecu remapping chip flasher, it looks like sort of modification can be done ourselves. I just wonder if it's worth to buy a kind of device/kit for light tuning. Does anyone have experience in using this kit and getting significant result to engine performance? Thanks and looking forward to anyone's feedback prior to buying this flasher.

noo experiance on them myself but have looked at them. costs around the same as a remap but allows you to put the standard map back on. ie if im on holiday and leave the car with the parents.

be warned tho you must make sure the map is proper for your car and not on of the devices off ebay where you get a cd full of maps and the device

alot of tuners sell similer products under different names
ST3, eMotion, bluefin etc

Flashing chips is IMHO for the experienced only. It's certainly not something you can play with. Many cars have been wrecked by bad flashing or dodgy mapping.

TBH the 1.8 is a very hard engine to get extra power out of, even with flashing the ECU. You would need to spend quite a bit on it to get a noticeable difference in performance and power

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back