Did you love your 8 track

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
How many people had an 8 track installed in their cars. Did you love it and really miss it or have you moved on!

I never did as it was a bit before my time. However a lot of my older friends were enthusing about them.

Can I also be a bit thick? What exactly is an 8 track? I think it is a tape which has 8 parallel sound layers recorded on it? Is that close?

the 8 track was popular until cassettes came out here. then they were all the rage. i personally pulled the cassette player out of my first car and put in an 8 track player. it was alot easier to pick your song than a cassette. 8 songs that you could pick from like a cd, push a button that song plays. cassettes didn't come out with anything close until just before they were replaced by cds. that was just the system waiting for a dead spot in the tape when you hit fast forward or rewind.

by the way im only 25 so you all young people that don't know should be ashamed. learn your car history before messing with em i say.

the 8 track was popular until cassettes came out here. then they were all the rage. i personally pulled the cassette player out of my first car and put in an 8 track player. it was alot easier to pick your song than a cassette. 8 songs that you could pick from like a cd, push a button that song plays. cassettes didn't come out with anything close until just before they were replaced by cds. that was just the system waiting for a dead spot in the tape when you hit fast forward or rewind.

by the way im only 25 so you all young people that don't know should be ashamed. learn your car history before messing with em i say.

I know about them I'm 26. Just never had a car that old thats all.....:p:D:D

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back