dekka

dekka

Car
range rover p38 dhs
Hello everyone i just thought i would tell you that i have just fitted a chip box from tdi tuning for my 2000 range rover dhse 2.5 and now have a Rocket ship. What a fantastic change this has made with instant pick up and speed its like driving a new car i am well chuft.
Also thanks to dagger,turbonutter69,loz, for the replies.
dekka :)

Hi everyone this is dekka just to let you now the chip box was from TDI and cost £290.00 it has severn maps built in and you can change between them by moving a jumper conection inside the box this should cater for all different driving need .

I have to confess that I am wary of chip boxes. A full ECU is going to give better results in general. All this box of your is doing is mis-informing the ECU of engine conditions (temp, airflow etc). It's a very crude way to tune an engine.

Proper remapping can be had from under £300 these days.

And as I said be very very careful with particle filters.

A remap is totally non invasive though - the bonnet is not even opened. It's done via the diagnostic OBD port inside the car's passenger compartment. A good tuner will go through several stages. Firstly reading the diagnostic codes to check for errors and other sense data. Long before any parameters are changed.

The TD6 in those arent a very sophisticated engine though Paul,

It uses a Bosch VP pump similar to the full mechcanical set up I use, the ecu controls very few perameters so a tuning box is adiqaute, its the same engine as fitted to the 325tds

I though it was the Ford/PSA 2.7 HDi unit. Perhaps I'm a few years adrift

Yes mate, you are... :) age does funny things to your memory.... :lol:

Discovery 3 was the first to get the TDV6 aka 2.7 hdi but there are a few differences between the 2 the one they fitted to landys only had 1 turbo and a slightly larger capacity less horsepower and more torque there are other differences but cant think of them off the top of my head... (guess my memory is shot as well.. :lol: )

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back