Deemo

Deemo

Hi guys i'm new to the forum driving a 89model jetta mk2 1800 8v stock standard have few plans up my sleeve;did post one topic on the forum will be under volkswagen if anyone can assist me on that i will appreciate it...subject is gearbox mod.:lol:

thanks in advance.
deemo

hey and welcome deemo.
yeah did see that post briefly but forgot to research on it.

do you know if its just the heads that were different on the car ? is so then the gearboxes should swap. think however the boxes themselves were ratioed differently

sorry for delay reply all i want to do to my baby is to mod the cylinder head do the cam to 276 degree bigger valves.i want to keep the block standard finish it of with a set of 40weber sidedrafts;but if anyone on the forum have different ideas on how i can mod my engine please forward it to me..

thanks
deemo:cheesy:

sorry for delay reply all i want to do to my baby is to mod the cylinder head do the cam to 276 degree bigger valves.i want to keep the block standard finish it of with a set of 40weber sidedrafts;but if anyone on the forum have different ideas on how i can mod my engine please forward it to me..

thanks
deemo

Hi Deemo and welcome to TorqueCars (Sorry i'm a bit late - i've been away!)
A 16 valve head conversion would be worth considering and will give a better result from your cam modifications.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back