chip box or remap

audiman51

Car
A4 2.7 tdi avant
Hi im new to this i have been playing with cars for over 20 years i own a porsche 996 3.4 and i will be selling on my nice jaguar s type 4.0 to make way for my audi A4 07 2.7 tdi s line multitronic avant as my life has changed with a baby on the way soon .Im looking for help in finding a tuning chip box for my new audi that works or is a remap the best way to go ? please can some one advise me on this mater many thanks

Greetings and Welcome to TorqueCars! :)

I bet you wished all your questions could be answered with such speed and accuracy! ;)

While I think about it, a chap here on the forum called Rob Bentley does remaps for Audi's lives in Kent and has a very good reputation. Once you have reached 10 posts you will be able to send him a PM for performance expectations and prices etc.
Alternative companies to try would be Celtic Tuning, AMD in Essex and JF Automotive.

The best of luck with your future plans ;)

You can't go wrong with a sensible remap on a diesel. Just keep it under the torque rating of your gearbox and you'll enjoy more power when you need it and better mpg when you're cruising.

remap.

if youo cant get hold of rob, then old-gits boy (LemonS3 i thinks his username) also does remapping.

our sponsor JFA does remaps but not sure where they are based.
and AMD Essex are highly recommended

Thanks to you all this is the first forum i have been on and i could not have come to a better place you all are top dog .By the way i got my audi today and it dose go well steering a bit on the light side and when pulling away it hesitates in auto mode of wat i have been reading it seems thats the norm .Would the remap get rid of the hesitation or is that just an audi problem with the Tip multitronic box.

Yugguy that is a good point the service book said at 83 but there is tic for yes and one for no and the car has done 102 now ?.Is this something i can do my self like in the old days when i used to work on cars for money i meen the ZF boxs back then i could change fluid filters and top up .The new cars have no dip stick i would love to change it as i know the job is done properly by the way thanks pgarner i will go down the fluid root first

Synthetic ATF should not deteriorate in normal use. Even in sealed for life x-missions. But we do have to consider what LIFE actually means. Xmission oil is not subjected to the thermal shocks and stresses which engine oils have to endure.

There are a lot of reports on the net of so-called filled for life boxes going at sometimes as early as 60k. It's being recommended across the board, have a look on honest john at jag and bmw pages.

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

Sorry I've been so slow in welcoming you, I've been updating the main site www.torquecars.com and I've just relaunched it!

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back