Cheap insurance group for 17 year old males?

Cusack92

Car
Punto ELX 1.2 16v
I'm 17, have a Fiat Punto 1.2 ELX 16v (red, if it matters lol), I keep getting quotes at around £3500 - £4000 and i can't afford this for obvious reasons and i'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation or has been and found any cheap insurance companies.

I'm 17, have a Fiat Punto 1.2 ELX 16v (red, if it matters lol), I keep getting quotes at around £3500 - £4000 and i can't afford this for obvious reasons and i'm wondering if anyone is in the same situation or has been and found any cheap insurance companies.

could try quinn-direct they take it easy on the young ones:toung:

:blink: lol ok but there still giving quotes on there site, ive got to fone em in moring bout my new exhaust ill ask them :blink1:

i just have mate came out at £5500 :/ but iv spoke to my mate and he said ringing up is much better they usually give cheaper quotes so im gonna do that tommorow

:blink: sweet jesus! lmao erm do u have a full liecence then? thts a stupid quote:mad: allthough when i first got a quote on the cav a few years back 1 company cant rember who wanted £100.000 culd buy a small house for tht:p

ah good luck!!!!! me bros got hes test on the 13th of next month:p hes with quinn to they did his for £500 on a 1.1 wreg 206

just a thought, are you quoting as a driver with a full licence of a provisional ?
more often than not a full will cause more to insuance

are you looking fully comp or 3rd party ?

it comes from the fact that you need someone sitting beside you when you drive under a provisional, the fact that they have to be over 21 and held a license 3 years (would need to check that bit out ) should mean that they are mature enough to aid you driving.
once you pass you no longer need someone and most will act like goons to show off to mates, girls/boys and end up crashing

thts true to! but the bit about quinn still stands there cheaper for provisnal :smile:

Quinn-direct will give youa decent quote on provisional licence but when you pass they want more money off you my brother paid 749 before he passed his test and after they wanted another 900 on top.

yeah id be willing to pay that much lol because still thats just about £2000 which is better than most other companies im about to ring them anyway so ill find out now (yn)

thts true to! but the bit about quinn still stands there cheaper for provisnal :smile:

but what happens once you pass? you are no longer insured, until you inform them, as you have a full licence.
this is where the increase comes in. just about all insurance will be cheaper for a provisional license

lmao u clearly havent looked on confused or any of those sites there about a bag a sand less and you inform them as soon as you pass :p and the good thing about quinn is tons of legal cover breakcover courtesy car if you breakdown drive any car under 25 used to be any age :mad: lol real light on modifications and they gice NCB on provisonal and thts all on 3rd party :D

oh and quinn are still going btw

Last edited:
I got quote off quinn for 1k and im 23,5 years NCB and been driving for six years and i had a quote from chris knott for about £500 and i can add mods for no extra.

The only thing I can suggest is trying all the comparison web sites, but I'm guessing you have already done all that. Moneysupermarket is always a winner for me. Try adding your Mam or Dad onto the insurance and go onto Moneysavingexpert.com where they will give you the best/cheapest description of your job.

Also Elephant/Admiral (same comp) do 10 month insurance where you get 1 years ncb at the end.

Other than that mate, I can't think.

Maybe, depending on where you live (if you spend as much time somewhere ells) try putting one of your relative's address. If you for example spend 5 nights a week at your grans house try that. (Although, I think Waynne may tell me off for telling you that! :toung:)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back