Changing the Steering Wheel

Dearayne

Car
2002 Saturn SL2
Hi. I have a 2002 Saturn SL2 and I want to change the steering wheel. I have a few questions.

What aftermarket steering wheel would you suggest? I was thinking a Sparco or MOMO. I like the look of the three-spoke kinds.

Other than aesthetics (the original steering wheel is really ugly) will having a three-spoke steering wheel or other improve my driving (I have a manual and drive with one hand a lot)?

Also, the cruise control buttons are on the steering wheel. Will this be a problem?

hey and welcome to the site.

nope it will be simply aesthetics changing the steering wheel will not improve your driving. if your standard one is a huge muckle and the aftermarket is a smaller one you might feel its more comfortable but that would be it.

cruise control would be lost - im unsure if you would have issues by disconnecting the wiring.

also remember you would need, in most cases, remove the airbag. this can also cause issues and require some work to stop the airbag light coming off

Thank you for the welcome! And yeah, that whole removing the airbag thing is a problem. I guess I'll just have to live with the regular one. Thank you for the suggestions though!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back