Bora help!!

Greetings and Welcome to our TorqueCars Forum my Friend! :)

OEM means: Original Equipment Manufacturer.

2.0 litre and yeah it's a volkswagon sport exhaust or is there a better one for performance?

Well it's from eBay, but a store on there saying they got loads and looks legit, any recommendations where I can get new parts? Or a magazine even?

Well it's from eBay, but a store on there saying they got loads and looks legit, any recommendations where I can get new parts? Or a magazine even?

I am not trying to be funny or patronising, but just because it looks legit doesn't mean it is. you need credentials.

When I just had a quick look on ebay, there is someone who offers his long life exhaust with the comment: "Makes Remus, Miltek & Prco look cheap."

Yeah.

Longlife is usually done by welders using a bender. Charlie in Cardiff was trying to train longlife outlets and has given up. he is someone with credentials. Forget ebay suppliers.

awesome gti

is it a whole exhaust ? is it still the original one thats on ?
what i mean is the OEM exhaust is a single piece and needs to be cut to replace the sections. if its still the original its a ball ache to do this your self.

basically just infront of the rear axle you see a 3,iirc, of dots on the exhaust cut stright on the middle one, remove the rubbers and man handle it out - i had to further cut it in 2 places to get the back box out.
same at the front 3 dots cut on the middle one and remove 4 bolts to drop the hanger bracket down to remove the rubbers.

give yourself a full day to do this as it can be a right pain- 4 hours to get mines off and around 2 to getthe new one one

Thanks for the help mate appreciate it :) I'll get back to you when I am done and let you know how I done, but also, is it easier to get a rear bumper with a bit cut out for the exhaust already? Or get a rear bumper and cut one out yourself? Is it easy? (I doubt it from how it sounds haha)

I personally had one specially made for mine so that it looked like it came from the factory. Some of these exhaust peoples efforts look like they have cut out the additional hole with a sunday lunch kitchen knife. ;)

Lol yeah thats why i want a good person to do it for me, And where did you get someone to do that?? A mate or a business that does it?

Hay? Does anyone know any websites I can get proper stuff off and not snides?
Hayward and Scott in Basildon, but they are not cheap. But thern they are top class. Otherwise MJD. They are a bit of a treck for you and not cheap either and good.

Big Jim is brilliant, but takes a while to get the car in and not the cheapest.

Thanks for the help mate appreciate it :) I'll get back to you when I am done and let you know how I done, but also, is it easier to get a rear bumper with a bit cut out for the exhaust already? Or get a rear bumper and cut one out yourself? Is it easy? (I doubt it from how it sounds haha)

get the valance from the 4 motion part number is 1J5 807 521 C B41.
now shows as £58 - was around £40 when i looked for mine,
ended up getting one off ebay for around £30.

going to go against charlie here the mans giving you places that im going to take his word on are great but as he says expensive. the 2.0 engine isnt worth really spending much money on as tuning it is £££ to the point where its cheaper to rip it out and put in a 1.8t

Hi there, I hope you are well. May I wish you a warm welcome to TorqueCars, it is a pleasure to meet you.

You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch and I'm sure you'll start to love and enjoy the forums as much as we all do. (It gets quite addictive at times.)

Feel free to get involved in our other threads, all opinions are welcome and as they say "the more the merrier"! (It's also great when people start new threads and discussions and all adds to the great debate.)

Keep us up to date with your project as well, we like to see what people are getting up to with their cars.

Rearly I wanted go for looks and sound both inside and out, not rearly bhp and top speed, but if anyone knows any other good sights then please let me know what they are and I'll check them out, thanks guys

well sounds i had the resonated milltek on mine, if i was doing another one it would be non resonated

one nice little interior mod that i missed when i changed mine was the W8 interior light.
i missed it so much when i got the octavia it was one of the 1st things i ordered up for it.

awesome gti have alot of styling stuff, i could give you other vag sites but they are more tuning based

going to go against charlie here the mans giving you places that im going to take his word on are great but as he says expensive. the 2.0 engine isnt worth really spending much money on as tuning it is £££ to the point where its cheaper to rip it out and put in a 1.8t

You are not going against me here. You offering another alternative that does make sense. I only addressed the exhaust side.

You can get some out with the exhaust. However the 1.8T has the advantage of the charger, which is not possible to equalise with a n/a solution. But you have to be careful with the conversion as more underwriters are not accepting engine changes especially when the driver is below a certain age (which might vary).

Hayward and Scott in Basildon, but they are not cheap. But thern they are top class. Otherwise MJD. They are a bit of a treck for you and not cheap either and good.

Big Jim is brilliant, but takes a while to get the car in and not the cheapest.
Second for MJD, they made the exhaust for my CRX Turbo, I didn't find them to expensive either :)

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back