Archive from the old forum

obi_waynne

Administrator
Staff member
Car
A3 1.4 TFSI 150 COD
By Gavin (193.113.57.161) on Monday, February 07, 2005 - 05:50 pm: Edit

LoL,

it does have a certain degree of satisfaction when you see someone that has spent £20,000 on a sports car and they are eating your CAT fumes :D

Sleeper is the way to go, some very minor exterior mods just for stability and that's it, the Puma has a definite aggressive look from the get go.

Thanks for the help, as soon as things start to take place I will send you some pics and any helpful info I come across for anyone else with a similar idea.

By Traxion (80.43.208.222) on Thursday, February 03, 2005 - 12:09 pm: Edit

Gavin - I like what your doing keeping standard body work & bossting the power under the bonnet - sleeper style. The bodykits and paint jobs are nice but there's something about sleeper. I fuess it has more of an impression when you burn someone off!

Good luck with your modifications - I don't know anyone who can do the complete job for you. It's worth getting the engine balanced while it's apart so the higher revs are freer.

By Gavin (193.113.57.161) on Wednesday, February 02, 2005 - 05:48 pm: Edit

Thanks again Traxion,

I was looking at water injection cooling the other day.

I know what you mean by blowing the engine, what Im looking to do is get the most power from the internal engine mods as possible and the turbo act as just a boost to aid it along, Im not looking to go totally mad with it but I definately want it to be the fastest Puma in the UK that still has all its original guts in it.

I havent really looked too much into Nitro but from what I have seen its not a permanent mod like a turbo you can only use it in bursts?

As soon as I have some pics I will send them to you, Im keeping the body work totally standard apart from a few little things like side skirts, little spoiler, wheels and windows.

Are you able to over any of what I would like done? I am currently speaking to 3 different Companies about what Id like done and they can all do different parts of the project but not all parts in one place.

By Traxion (80.43.175.92) on Tuesday, February 01, 2005 - 09:33 am: Edit

Gavin try http://www.turbotechnics.com/ for their hybrid turbo, which should be pretty much lag free, they should also be able to give you advice on your engine it would be a shame to destroy the engine for the sake of a little more power. You can get a water injector to help avoid detonation - a thicker gasket can reduce the compression ratio a little and high octane fuel (Optimax is about the highest in the UK) should help. If you want to send a picture in to cars torquecars.co.uk and Waynne will put a feature on the site!

An easier way to add more BHP is to fit a nitrous oxide injection kit for about £400!!

By Gavin (193.113.57.161) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Traxion,

Can you suggest a good turbo to use? I live in wales do you know where the best place would be to find out more about this.

Any help or advice you can give will be most appreciated.

Thanks

By Gavin (193.113.57.161) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Thanks for responding Traxion,

Detonation is something I am a little worried about and the turbo lag when using a turbo charger, I was advised that fitting a supercharger wouldn't give as much power or I wouldn't be able to get as much out of it as the turbo but the power is there all the way from the beginning of acceleration to the end whereas the turbo has to reach 2500 - 3000 RPM to kick in. Also after the stage 6 conversion has taken place the head will be new and pistons and so on I am worried there may just be a bit too much pressure for it, I was looking at some garett T25 and running at a peak boost pressure of around 0.3 bar are so.

By Traxion (80.43.165.147) on Monday, January 31, 2005 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Gavin, Why the reluctance on fitting a turbo?

What about fitting a low boost garett turbo charger if you are worried about detonation? It will be easier than getting a supercharger custom made.

By Gavin (193.113.57.161) on Friday, January 28, 2005 - 04:25 pm: Edit

Hello,

I have a Ford Puma ltd edition 1.7i 16v VCT and I will shortly be having new jenvey throttle bodies, cams, Omex engine management, re bored, pistons and all the works done to my car once all this is done I will be looking at the 200+ BHP range but as do we all I want to get a little more power out of her as she will be featured in Fast Ford as the fastest ever Puma with original engine still there. What I would like to ask you guys is if any of you know a really good supercharger that I could fit to this aswell Im reluctant to go for a turbo charger, Ideally Id love to get over 300BHP out.

By Brian Latto (213.206.148.225) on Tuesday, December 21, 2004 - 08:48 am: Edit

Hello All,

I have a 1995 ford 1.8Si and would like to upgrade the engine system to include a turbo, any tips on what the best approach is? I would consider buying in a new engine if this is easier than the modification with bolt on option.

Any tips?

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:23 am: Edit

Fiesta Zetec-S

Question: I aim to increase performance on my Fiesta Zetec-S. I have purchased a "Mod Chip" and would like to know:
1) whether it's worth fitting (pro's & cons)
2) whether anyone else who's fitted one noticed an improved performance
3) Other effective low cost methods or raising performance

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:28 am: Edit

hello i live in de holland and drive a scorpio(granada) 2.8 ghia and is from 1985!! i have 290.000km on it ant want to replays the blok please tel me wat to by and modefy is the 2.9 better??? and if y rebuid cam i fit sports cam's
thnx
Remco de jong
the netherlands

By Anonymous on Tuesday, August 10, 2004 - 10:30 am: Edit

Computer or gearbox problem

Tip: I have a problem with my car, Ford windstar 1995.

Question: The problem comes suddenly, the car dose not response when i make in in D drive and the gose slowly in the third gear.
when i make it in R it dose not response for while.
Can you help my with this problem
somebody told my that the problem comes with the Car Computer.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back