Another Newbie

Nerox

Car
Chrysler Neon R/T
Hello Guys!

I am a 20 year old male from Lincoln, England

I Drive a 2001 Chrysler Neon R/T 2.0 In Black

well so far i have only changed to head unit to an Alpine one and put some 6x9s neatly hidden under the parcel shelf, and fitted a 0AWG wiring kit.
Have ordered some lowering springs today so hope to have them fitted by end of january.
Should also have the front speakers changed by then :)

damn hot car mate, true baby muscle.

well thank you, its only 150 Bhp out the factory which is enough poke to put some boy racers to shame but hardly enough to take on the big boys ... but then with the insurance prices for us young lads, anything more is a bit impossible

Nice 1 mate. Will we see pics? Are you putting them on yourself?

u.preview.jpg

Image030.preview.jpg

Image029.preview.jpg

These were all taken in october when i bought it ... nothing changed exterior since then ... except wiper blades lol

well thank you, its only 150 Bhp out the factory which is enough poke to put some boy racers to shame but hardly enough to take on the big boys ... but then with the insurance prices for us young lads, anything more is a bit impossible

i hate hearing that insurance is cutting your feet down there in UK for tuning cars, that sucks. imagine what would the neon become with a supercharger.... the SRT8 has 340 HP i think stock.

yea, i know, that's why i call it a baby muscle, and not just muscle.
however these cars are famous in the tuning scene, are not expensive and have an engine that promises a lot.

So after i have done the usual .. lowered suspension, induction kit, wheels, exhaust ..

What else can i do to up the power from the engine?
I am new in this business and would appreciate a few pointers

Cheers

Supercharger? Nitrous - they are the big 2. Other than that your really looking at internal engine work.

Supercharger? Nitrous - they are the big 2. Other than that your really looking at internal engine work.

what sort of engine work?

have seen turbo kits for about £3000 ($4000) give or take. But thats a bit out of my price range.

And i hear that on a standard engine nitrous is a waste of time or will blow it up!

So after i have done the usual .. lowered suspension, induction kit, wheels, exhaust ..

What else can i do to up the power from the engine?
I am new in this business and would appreciate a few pointers

Cheers

start with adding a sport air filter and with the electronics, add a power chip.
also try getting stainless exhaust system.

what sort of engine work?

have seen turbo kits for about £3000 ($4000) give or take. But thats a bit out of my price range.

And i hear that on a standard engine nitrous is a waste of time or will blow it up!

clean and make bigger the cylinder holes for 1 mm in radius, try adding some blower off valves, lightweight cam shaft, bigger spark induction kits. is it enough for a begining?

nitrous will be fine as long as you keep it to low power, ie not 100bhp shots.

are the turbo kits ot evey thing ? lower compression pistons for example

internal work as been said - cams, rebore or stroker kit, gas flowed head, bigger valves,

Hey nerox dont listen to em all......what you should do is this....remove your wheels and attch them and yr number plate to a ferrari...hey presto!!! lol,sorry,i cant#! be constructive....me know nothing. CJ

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back