Ahoy-hoy

Rich

Car
Mondeo & Civic VTiS
Greetings
Name's Rich, but I'll answer to almost anything except Dick. :)
My current automotive squeeze is an '02 Mondeo Ghia X TDCi-130. Lovely lovely car, even if it has shown me the Flashing Glowplug Of Death rather too often :( gives me 50mpg and goes like absolute stink. What more could one want? :bigsmile:
My partner's car is a '97 Civic VTi-S 3-door (called 'Max'). She's had it since new and it's her pride and joy. The only Modifications she's made are new wheels to replace the original Speedline Chronos which became corroded and nasty, and a big bore stainless exhaust. However, she keeps talking about chips and induction kits and rollcages and so on... one of these days, perhaps she'll do it :lol:

Alright bud, welcome to the forum! The rides sound pretty good mate! You'll have to post a few pics when you reach 10 posts! Have you made and mods to the Mondeo?

hey and welcome mate
calling the car max, mmmm.
not clued up on diesels/fords whats the flashing glowplug of death take it the glow plugs are prone to cooking.
wouldnt bother with the chip on the civic - nasp cars dont really give much vtec controller might be better get the kick earler

Hi chaps, and thanks for the welcome :bigsmile:
I haven't made any mods to the Mondeo -- I'm certainly not going to bother with any perfomance mods anyway, it goes like a rocket as it is and has earned me 6 points already :amazed: all that midrange torque is just irresistable..!
The Flashing Glowplug of Death... heh, ask anyone with a Ford Duratorq diesel, they'll tell ya :lol: whenever anything goes wrong in the induction system, the engine goes into 'limp-home' mode and the glowplug light on the dash starts flashing. First time it happened, it was a slight air leak in the fuel line... second time it was a buggered injector. That was expensive.

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back