12v socket

Not easily its pretty fiddly back there. It may well be possible from the passenger footwell.

Why do you want to remove it?

For some reason my cigerate lighter attachment split into two and i cant remove the second half (cant get hold of it with Pliers). So im wondering if i could push it out from the actual 12v socket, but i cant get the thing out lol. Really not been my week.

dont think you will be able to. alot of sockets dont have any holes in them

get a small drill bit 2.5 - 3mm and drill a slight pilot hole
then put in a screw a short way 1/2" tops and pull that out using the pliers.

remember to disconnect your battery 1st to prevent blowing fuses.

other thing is youll need to vist a scrappy to get a new lighter part

For some reason my cigerate lighter attachment split into two and i cant remove the second half (cant get hold of it with Pliers). So im wondering if i could push it out from the actual 12v socket, but i cant get the thing out lol. Really not been my week.

I don't want to state the obvious, but ;) A mates girl friend did a similar thing. The end of the adapter had become unscrewed (it was threaded because it also housed a small fuse) I removed by screwing the main part of the adapter back in to the socket (clockwise) until it picked up the threaded portion again & pulled it out.

My apologies if you've already tried this. :bigsmile:

Loz.

Edit: Failing that, use a small amount of super glue on a stick thing (a biro or cocktail stick for example) stick it to the plastic part & pull!

Last edited:
lol thanks loz i would of tried that but it wasnt a screw style lighter it literally snapped in two. got some long nosed pliers got it half way out but it got jammed again. English engineering at its best lol. i really am unfortunate.

Oh dear, Isn't it typical when you don't want the 12v socket to come out it pulls out everytime with the lighter/adapter attached :bigsmile: I'm still sure you don't need to remove the dash to remove the socket, but I agree with Pgarner, I think you may just have to totally brutal getting the thing out, the saving grace is a new socket is only about a fiver :bigsmile:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back