05 celica gt help

J

Jules8913

hello, bare with me but I am totally new with knowing about car parts and such lol, but wanna learn more about it. I have owned my used celica gt 05 for just over a year now and it is all stock. I am hoping someone can help me figure out what I should do to make it faster cos I was told it only has a 4 cylinder engine in it and its a automatic:embarrest: (miss manuals), I was thinking of getting a better engine if that is possible with my car and what the possible price range would be on that.
Im planning on doing mroe with look of the car but I may wait to save up for that since I am planning on keeping this car for a very long time cos I do love it for what it is, just wanna make it better :)

Thanks, Jules~

hello there and a warm welcome to TorqueCars. good to have you along and i'm sure you'll pick up tuning quickly reading this sites articles and the many helpful posts.

There are a few engine swaps around for your car. Look to the GT4 and the verious limited edition turbo models. Most of these engines will go in.

Unless you are doing the engine swap yourself the cost can be really prohibitive though. Ask around and see if yuou can find a local garage that are happy doing engine swaps. It may also be possible at the same time to switch the gearbox to a manual obviously you will need to replace the engine management computer with the donor one.