e32 welded diff

sayed

Wrench Pro
Car
bmw e32 740il
i am thinking of welding the diff on my 740il. its not a daily driver just a weekend car. what are your thoughts on advantages and disadvantages ?

Can lead to broken axles and needs a different driving technique and may not be legal IF driven on public roads.

A welded diff is not suitable for road use at all, pretty much only for drifting, the skipping and skittish handling would drive you nuts, a LSD or torsion diff is the way to go for a road car.

Sayed please forgive an old man but I just can't get why people love burnouts so much .

I love Rallys,F1, car racing of all kinds,drifting,speedway,drags, Indy cars etc BUT if that's your thing and it makes you happy then go for it.

Sayed please forgive an old man but I just can't get why people love burnouts so much .

I love Rallys,F1, car racing of all kinds,drifting,speedway,drags, Indy cars etc BUT if that's your thing and it makes you happy then go for it.
hi Tcjboldie
yes you are right about burnouts, i dont love them so much because they dont require any skill and only harm the machine. here i was trying the lsd and did a few donuts actually. i love drifting and speed more. thanks for your comment sir.

Last edited:

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back