Newcomer; Citroen C3 1,6 HDi

Fnorpan

Torque Junkie
Car
Citroen C3 1,6HDi
Hello!

Easy to read short terms about me:

Whacked out 28 year old girl/chick/woman :shock: (wichever you prefer)
Lives in Sweden; Stockholm (Södertälje to be honest wich is 3km south of Stockholm)
Owns as the title states, a Citroen C3 1,6HDi from 2007 (I'm the only owner, yay me :lol:)
Loves cars, torque, sleep and knitting (Yea you read right, knitting, is that a problem? :blink: )
Hates peasoup, injustice, people driving JUST below the speedlimit and drunk/high drivers.

I am mainly here to get as much knowledge as possible about what I want to do with my car to make it my playground :bigsmile:

Anything you want to ask? Just pop a mail/message ;)

Thanks for havin me!

Oh really? Well I'll see what can be done about that :D

And thanks :)

Makes a welcome change from looking at cars! :blink1:

How do you find the 1.6 HDi? I had one in my Picasso after having the 2.0 version and found the 1.6 disappointing as it was supposed to be a better engine.

Makes a welcome change from looking at cars! :blink1:

How do you find the 1.6 HDi? I had one in my Picasso after having the 2.0 version and found the 1.6 disappointing as it was supposed to be a better engine.

Well it's fun to drive since it's got power to accelerate rather quick if you push the rpm above 3000 in each gear though it's booring that the fun stops after hitting 70-80km/h... The handelings kinda wobbely so it really needs to be lowered about 35-40cm and needs better suspension before getting it mapped, else it wont handle well at all! Engineroom is *beep*... looks like something a three-year-old through toghether in a hissyfit... My recommendation would be to exchange every hose and connection you possibly can to prevent it from leaking. Ofc getting a new exhaust should be a priority also before remapping IMO aswell as any other upgrade in cooling, turbo and such. THEN WHERE TALKING!!

*Ahem* well I think you got the picture. It's not quite as fun as I want it to be yet :)

:lol: sounds like you have the bug and a few ideas on what to put right. Look forward to the updates.

Yea I've done my fair share of research aswell as pick the brain of serveral car"nerds" and tuningcompanies here in Swe. The fun thing is that everyone I've talked to, atleast the first time around, keeps talking to me like a three-year-old :blink:

I'll just need to get the cash to make it a toy :sad2: Money is not something I got plenty but workin on that and I wont be givin up easily :toung:

Sometimes they see a young woman and they automatically think she knows nothing and can be quite condescending in their replies. Not all places are like this, but still not a nice thing to have to put up with.

Cashflow is always an issue, so you are not alone. My MG is work in motion, had it over six years and still loads to do! If I had the money I would probably become bored with it and move on.

:lol: That's so true. Most women I see on carmeets and events here are more like ornaments for the car, glued to their BF's like they are affraig the big bad cars'll eat them :amazed:
There are a few of us who are actually getting it and becoming serious 'bout the whole torque-thing and when we start talking most guy's flip :toung:
Funniest thing ever happened to me last friday when a guy owning a superstyled (otherwice, sorry to say, crap) bmw 328i coupe came up to me askin me "which carfreak I belonged to" :blink: What do you answer to such a comment?

Hmm, think if I had the cash I would probably never stop having new projects and toys. There are alot of great cars out there to play with :cool:

Forgot to say I've posted a linkpost (it's being reviewed) to another forum where my pics can be seen. Hope it gets aproved :p

Last edited:
:lol: That's so true. Most women I see on carmeets and events here are more like ornaments for the car, glued to their BF's like they are affraig the big bad cars'll eat them :amazed:
There are a few of us who are actually getting it and becoming serious 'bout the whole torque-thing and when we start talking most guy's flip :toung:
Funniest thing ever happened to me last friday when a guy owning a superstyled (otherwice, sorry to say, crap) bmw 328i coupe came up to me askin me "which carfreak I belonged to" :blink: What do you answer to such a comment?

Hmm, think if I had the cash I would probably never stop having new projects and toys. There are alot of great cars out there to play with :cool:

Forgot to say I've posted a linkpost (it's being reviewed) to another forum where my pics can be seen. Hope it gets aproved :p

Look into a mirror and say I'm with her!

Most lasses we see at shows are just eye candy draped all over the bonnet, with some exceptions being those like yourself. I went to a local track testing session where a young lady turned up, no-one took any notice of her until she popped her racing suit on, helmet and Hans device..................opinions soon changed when she turned a few quick laps. Better times than the regular driver, her first time in the car and she was only 18!

I've had around 60 cars in my lifetime, sometimes it is hard to turn some away! I have slowed down abit these days.

If you have added a link it'll be approved most likely or until you hit 10 posts I think.

May I as the site admin wish you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars. It is really nice to meet you and I hope you'll be spending some time with us over the months to come.
You'll find us one of the friendliest and most helpful car tuning forums around.

What plans do you have for your car? I'm sure we can give you lots of ideas and suggestions if you need any.

Do feel free to chip in on our other topics and discussions, we are all here to share our passion for cars. Being friendly and helpful is a forum rule here and I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

I better start kickin it up a notch in posting then *lol*

*lol* Well that was a great answer! I'll borrow that from ya next time it happens, wich I'm sure it will :S

Well we are few in numbers and since we are used to getting looked down on and having to work "twice as hard" as men to get aproval in these kind of things we tend to get good or not do it at all ^^
I often curse at women driving though, many drive to carefully and end up being a hassard because of that instead. There are some men doing the same but they are few :p Atleast here.

60 cars?!?!?! *beep* I've only owned 2. One "herbie" wich I sold due to not having a driverslicens to drive it when I finished getting it road-ready and now my C3 wich is straight from factory :O

-------------------------------

Thanks waynne!

Last edited:
Well I have been driving and messing around with cars for some 30 years now! Been through a few just by racing and re-shelling them. Also bought my fare share of 'pups' (scrap ;)) But also been one to change every now and then. Regretted a few cars I've sold and sold some for other means, like living, buying a new boiler, moving house etc. Nowadays I do as little as possible and have slowed down on the 'projects'. One reason being I need a bigger garage!

hey and welcome to the nuthouse

Well thank you :lol:

Stamford:
30 years?! Really??! Dude, thats a *beep*load of years :toung: I just got serious about it 6 months ago or so and after that my interest kinda skyrocketed and I became a sponge for information :embarrest:
Atleast you have a garage... I have parkingspace (narrow as .*insert choice of curse here*...) but nowhere to really go to fix with the car and everything rentable is so overpriced it's makin my head expload just by hearing the rent mentioned in numbers :blink: Really, it's absurd...

Not as old as some on here :p My current place has a small garage but plenty of off-road parking as I can park four cars up the drive. One project is to build a bigger garage one day. I'm cutting down some hedges and trees this weekend and that will give me another one car space hopefully. My first place only had an allocated parking space and I was on the 2nd floor! My toolbox was bolted to the boot floor of my car back then, A) because it was the only place to keep it and B) handy when the car broke down or failed to start! When I was racing I had to rent a garage in a dodgy area and park the trailer elsewhere.

*lol* Didn't mean to imply you were old, my mind just kinda jumped up and down in a gigglefit at the thought of having all your experience and knowledge! :p
I would kill to have even a third of your space then :bigsmile: I'm still in the process of getting everything together just to be able to jack up the car and do even the smallest amount of work. Here people seem to be so petty. If I go to any place not owned by me or rented sourheads seems to always call cops or parkingguards... :blink:
Don't think I can bolt anything to my trunkfloor without major remodeling since I have the spare tyre conveniently places under the interior there... But I have toyed with the idea of throwing the tyre out and make that place my tool hidingplace :lol: And if I'm to put anything in the backseat I will probably have someone break in to the car, it's that kind of town. The idea of "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" doesn't seem to get through to people...:x

Last edited:
You don't work for Sweden's tourism office then Fnorpan? ;)

It's not much fun having something nice and just waiting for some little monster to come along and break in, steal or just vandelise it.

You don't work for Sweden's tourism office then Fnorpan? ;)

It's not much fun having something nice and just waiting for some little monster to come along and break in, steal or just vandelise it.

Ehm, where on earth did you get that idea? Tourism, me? I would probably scare of most tourists *giggle* My moodswings can give the most hardy person whiplash :lol:
I work with assembling the main and layshafts of Scania truck-transmissions :blink1:

And about the stealing, well you learn pretty quickly what you can and cannot show in possessions. Personally I think it's BS that people can't leave other peoples possessions alone but as I said, I've come to terms with it and also I have learned to get effective revenge (ofc legaly) so I'm usually left alone :cheesy:

Last edited:
Hello.

My missus is switched on about cars but she still encounters being written off as daft cos she's a girl.

Get your diesel remapped as soon as. If you've got money for induction, exhaust, do those first and then a remap. Be careful not to overload the clutch torque rating though.

Hello.

My missus is switched on about cars but she still encounters being written off as daft cos she's a girl.

Get your diesel remapped as soon as. If you've got money for induction, exhaust, do those first and then a remap. Be careful not to overload the clutch torque rating though.

Hahaha, we girls are getting used to that even though it's kinda annoying :p But it's kinda fun watching guys faces as you switch to full on geek-mode and they understand that they are not talking to a 3-year-old :lol:

Yea, I'm getting the car remapped asap but as you stated, induction and exhaust comes pre to that. Also I need to start with the handling or else the car will prolly wobble of the road taking curves and such. The recoil when taking curves in high speeds is naaaastyyyy!!!! Known problem with my carmodel :blink:
----------------------
About the clutch, it's kinda a hassle but I'll have to change it in the long run anyway but to start with I aint gonna overdue torque til' I get it fixed ofc ;)

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, I think you will be fun to have around!

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back