Newbie with lots of questions

C

CorsaFan1

Hi all, i have just joined as this looks like a pretty busy car forum. i have loads of questions to ask but wont bombard you with them all at once.

As the name suggests, im a corsa fan. I've had a B, then a C, now a D.

here is one of many questions. The next thing i want to buy is an induction kit. I was going to get a pipercross but then saw this at nearly half the price:

http://www.redlinemaxed.co.uk/vauxhall-corsa-rpower-induction-p-1274.html

this website says that the kit is tailored so not a universal but i was wondering if it would be worth paying extra and getting pipercross or not. :blink:

Hello and welcome to the nuthouse mate ;)

your post became stuck in the mod queue as it contains a link - this forum requires that you have 10 posts before pics or links can be put up ;)

realistically all you will see from that (going by the 1.2 and 1.4 fitment) is noise more than anything else. the tailored pipe will take it away form the engine but power gains, imo, will be neglible and only at the top end if any. it is not uncommon for power to be lost lower down where you do most of your driving due to hot air being sucked into the engine.

also with induction kits that sit low down also have the issue with hydro-locking. granted it normally does have to be a deep puddle but it is something to bear in mind

An induction kit on such a small engined car would be a waste of money i'm afraid :( if its just the noise factor that you are after, then for £50 i'm sure you will be happy with it :) but for performance? I would just have a remap done, plenty of companies around who can do this for you, some are even here on the forum :)

Remapping a straight petrol engine is mostly worthless as well. The CDTi models respond very well, however.

Which Corsa are we considering here?

Will have to bow to your superior wisdom on this one HDi :)
I know I have read the advice I gave somewhere on this forum!!! will try and find out where that was? don't want to misinform anyone ;)

An under bonnet open IK on a small engine will lose you power mate. Best off with a replacement panel filter and a cold air feed from the grille or somewhere similar.

HDI - lol at Vx comment, don't believe Clarkson, Vx have made some good driving cars that weren't Monaros.

An under bonnet open IK on a small engine will lose you power mate. Best off with a replacement panel filter and a cold air feed from the grille or somewhere similar.

HDI - lol at Vx comment, don't believe Clarkson, Vx have made some good driving cars that weren't Monaros.

I know there have been some decent cars. I was quite fond of the Omega but apart from the 3.2 the rest seemed a bit weedy. I'm just not a particular fan of Vauxhall's cars.

Welcome to the forum mate. I wouldn't bother with that kit mate. It has no heat shield so it will only suck in warm air from the engine. In other words you'll lose power.

What mods have been done so far mate?

Hello there and may I extend to you a very warm welcome to TorqueCars forums.
It is great to meet you and I hope you enjoy the forums as much as we all do and that you get totally addicted to this site.

I've owned a couple of Astras and a few Nova's in the past myself. :D

Do feel free to get involved in our other threads too, the more the merrier as they say and we are friendly (being friendly is actually a forum rule!:))

Please watch this on my YouTube channel & Subscribe.

Back